Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video of what the secret XY screen tells you.

spellman

I made this bad video for people interested in the xy screen and how to understand what it is telling you. This mode is not the end all be all but it does give you information. Its another tool to help out. I use it in trashy parks. I go off of sound too as I am an avid tesoro user. But this screen helps you tell between good and bad target. I am still testing it out so I dig almost everything thats has a good sound but I am also calling out the targets before I dig. It has been working great for me . I have found 2 gold rings 1 silver and 5 junk rings so far also lots of clad. The to gold rings have paid for a 13" deus coil and a set of cp6 headphones, I cant wait till they get here. I am a new user of the deus I actually just got it last Thursday. I traded an excalibur2 and an omega 8000 for it and I don't regret it one bit. The deus is an amazing detector. I hope the video helps some people. Sorry its so rushed this is my first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izfzu1egbT4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks for making the video. Anyone who has owned or does own a White's V3i would be somewhat familiar with what that screen is showing. On the V3i it is called "Polar Plot" and displays 3 lines (because of it running 3 frequencies at once). Below are some sources of info on the Polar Plot feature of the V3i...I think it may somewhat help people understand what they are seeing.

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?53953-Polar-Plot-In-Words-And-Pictures

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Xj1sqxrO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43zb9WI-1sE

I love the feature to Analyze a target when using my V3i. I would see it as a very handy tool on the XP Deus if they were to incorporate a VDI display on the same screen.

Spellman how did you find out about this feature of the Deus it isn't in the manual, I didn't think so anyway?
Thank you for that it is pretty cool.

Bill

I found it on a youtube video some guy in another country was showing it wrong language but I watched close to see how he did it. There are more hidden modes then just this one but I don't know how to access them. They also look pretty cool. The other ones are like an oscilloscope and they show the sign waves from the target live and you can pause the scope to view the wave form.

Was wondering what a soda can would look like on that XY screen. I know on my Safari it will give me a good high sound & I can get fooled if its deep, if its not deep when I PP it will scream.

A soda can looks good on the screen but the sounds are a dead give away. At least with the program I made and use exclusively.

A soda can looks good on the screen but the sounds are a dead give away. At least with the program I made and use exclusively. I still dig can slaw some times but im getting much better at calling it out before I dig due to how it looks on the screen.

I just tested a soda can and and with it laying on its side it showed a 77 VDI number and the XY screen showed parallel lines. Scanning the can from the top it showed a VDI number of 83 with lines all over the place on the XY screen.

Bill

spellman said:
A soda can looks good on the screen but the sounds are a dead give away. At least with the program I made and use exclusively. I still dig can slaw some times but im getting much better at calling it out before I dig due to how it looks on the screen.

Hi Spellman,
If you don't mind how did you set up your Deus to ID soda cans?

Bill