Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video on my take of the XY screen

Diggin-it

I just made a quick video about the hidden XY screen on my V3.1. I personally found that this mode/screen would offer NO help to people who know the XP Deus. I had hoped it would act like Polar Plot on the White's V3i but it does not as the V3i runs 3 frequencies at the same time and the Deus only runs 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQEJUp8E2pg&feature=youtu.be

If you do find the XY screen helpful, then by all means use it. This is just my opinion and a demonstration of how it reacts to different targets.

Happy Hunting!

I really don't see why it would help either. If you could quickly switch to it like a verification type screen like you can with the V3i then it might help but basically you would have to hunt with it up all the time and I'm not willing to give up the other info the main screen gives. I can almost always tell a bottlecap from a good signal and when in doubt I have a verification 4Khz program set up in the middle of my general hunting and coin hunting programs. A quick switch to 4Khz will tell me it's a bottlecap reliably with very few exceptions.

I detected for my usual couple beach hours yesterday with the XY screen. I found it interesting and worthy of further evaluation.

Before heading to the beach I went over various programs using targets of particular interest such as silver coins and jewelry and of course gold rings and nuggets.

What I believe the XY screen is good for is the "visualization" of the target as MORE than just a number as well as an interesting representation of the depth (as the line shortens). Big problem still .. is the pulltab's beautiful signal as well as foil coming in as small gold. Getting to the XY screen is actually quick once it's established..just 2 or 3 button pushes and it comes back. So it's possible to switch program parameters and then go to the new XY screen quickly.

I don't believe the XY screen is advisable for everyone .. it's just one more possibility of improving your accuracy in identifying good targets... a goal I strive for in this hobby.

Joe (California)

Its the way I use the deus 90% of the time and I have almost paid for the detector twice with just gold finds. And I got the deus in February of this year. It may not work for everyone but it sure does for me. I only hunt for jewelry so im not digging the iffy deep signals. Its even better now wit version 3 cause they put the vdi on the same screen.

Does the XY grapics change with a kHz change? 4kHz? 8 kHz? Is it most useful, coinshooting,jewlery hunting, Beach Hunting,Relic Hunting? Lot's of possibilities!:huh: Also all the test I've seen are "AIR" test! Not the most reliable way to test any MD. A test ran in a "Test Garden",or Real on Site Digs, will show different results,if it's a test for XY,TID,Depth,ect.

spellman said:
Its the way I use the deus 90% of the time and I have almost paid for the detector twice with just gold finds.

Great! But your machine would have found the targets in ANY of the normal modes. It comes down to the operator being the "Discrimination" of what to dig or not...the machine is telling you what is there. Those who rely on only that XY visualization screen are short changing themselves and not learning the machine...IMO. People new to the XP Deus should STAY AWAY from this screen or you will never learn the potential of this awesome machine. I should do a video of my V3i running in "Polar Plot" mode...now that is actually very useful.

rks1040 said:
Does the XY grapics change with a kHz change? 4kHz? 8 kHz? Is it most useful, coinshooting,jewlery hunting, Beach Hunting,Relic Hunting? Lot's of possibilities!:huh: Also all the test I've seen are "AIR" test! Not the most reliable way to test any MD. A test ran in a "Test Garden",or Real on Site Digs, will show different results,if it's a test for XY,TID,Depth,ect.

The angle of the line changes with the number...so yes...when you change frequencies the angle does change. The line itself does not change...say straight in 18kHz and squiggly in 4kHz. I have tested on targets in the ground...works the same way as "air" test.

Here is why I suggest new users to stay out of this screen...It is not an Official mode supported by XP Deus. In other words...any time in the future they could release an Update that either Locks this screen or removes it all together. Now where will the users be if they have really only learned the machine via this screen?!?