Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Video: Using the Garrett ATX with the Infinium 10x5 DD coil

bearkat4160

Hello folks, in this video I'm using the Infinium DD 10"x5" coil on my ATX - works very well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLutQZxYfdE
Thanks to Paul in California for the coil!

Thanks for the video.

Now..I gotta ask how you are attaching that coil. It looks like we need to cut the DD coil off first...ugh.

Joe (California)

Thanks Allan for checking out the Infinium coil, And I agree it is a neat coil but lacks that extra punch for that smallest of the four nuggets you were testing.

Otherwise, For gold jewelry and relic hunting this coil is great for both dry sand or inland hunting it excels under these conditions.

Thanks again for testing the coil,
Paul (Ca)

My 10X5 is white. Did you paint your coil or are they being made in the green?
You mentioned you lost depth, guesstimate on how much?
How does the difference is there between the Infinium and the ATX using the same coil on the same target?
You may not have tested this but it would be of interest.
Anyway...neat setup and you have solved two problems: the location of the coil attachment and weight.
Thanks for the info.

So nice to see a video with the ATX/10x5"DD in use, it's so much more to the point both visually and audibly than lengthy chosen words only tests and........... it's definitely a lot more entertaining.

Did see reference to the making this green coil setup on another forum, very innovative and well done.

We modified our ATX chest mount bracket so the control box is now resting on the side, easier to see and make adjustment on the keypad with left hand while using coil with right hand.....also easier to dig when beach hunting, or prospecting.

Grandson can use original coil setup with bungee strap, but like it better chest mounted with the 10x5"DD coil.......and he knows where to locate the different test targets in the lawn.

The ATX/10x5"DD is a excellent combination.

ATX-ChestMount-10x5DD_600.jpg

ivanll

Geez! ivanll ... Too Funny

You may as well take the guts out of the housing and start from scratch.

Not to mention, there are lots of quality turf machines out there that would be more appropriate for your grandson then a bastardized ATX.

It was painted with spray paint. I'd say the ATX still got better depth than the Infinium with the same coil. Maybe 20-25% better.

BK

Hey Ivan...I like that check mount setup! :thumbup:

ivanll said:
So nice to see a video with the ATX/10x5"DD in use, it's so much more to the point both visually and audibly than lengthy chosen words only tests and........... it's definitely a lot more entertaining.

Did see reference to the making this green coil setup on another forum, very innovative and well done.

We modified our ATX chest mount bracket so the control box is now resting on the side, easier to see and make adjustment on the keypad with left hand while using coil with right hand.....also easier to dig when beach hunting, or prospecting.

Grandson can use original coil setup with bungee strap, but like it better chest mounted with the 10x5"DD coil.......and he knows where to locate the different test targets in the lawn.

The ATX/10x5"DD is a excellent combination.

ATX-ChestMount-10x5DD_600.jpg

ivanll

By lightening the load means he do not have to scrub/drag the coil on the ground and so there will be no need to WHINGE about getting a scratch on the bottom of the coil, besides both coils have sealed and replaceable coil cover/protection applied before first use.

ivanll

ivanll[/quote]By lightening the load means he do not have to scrub/drag the coil on the ground and so there will be no need to WHINGE about getting a scratch on the bottom of the coil, besides both coils have sealed and replaceable coil cover/protection applied before first use.[/quote]

By scrubbing the sand or ground you get max depth, Duh! It's not about weight, although it helps a little with weight, and coil covers are cheap. Why purchase a deep sensitive detector and hover the coil 2"-3" off the ground.

That chest mounted contraption could work okay if you just plan on walking around scanning all day. That is real convenient having to unmount everything off your yourself to dig a chunk of iron or trying to scoop.
-