Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vinegar and salt ...everyone need to try this !...ESPECIALLY NOW !

Elmy

This is the most looked at forum so I will post it here for all who have ever asked how to clean clad.
My old clad cleaning solution.....gave it out years ago on this forum.....

Throw a handful or more of aquarium gravel in the container, place the coins on top of the gravel, the salt and just enough vinegar to cover it all up.
Cover your coins in white vinegar and add a table spoon of salt or more to about a cup of vinegar....
if you have a tumbler ..use aquarium gravel and tumble for a half hour....if not a jar with a screw on lid.....shake it for a few minutes and let it set for
a while and do the same over and over for about a half hour or more.... rinse with water and wipe with a soft cloth or towel....rinse the coins thoroughly before you towel dry.
Throw a handful or more of aquarium gravel in the container, place the coins on top of the gravel, the salt and just enough vinegar to cover it all up.

You now can't tell the difference between the coins in your pocket and the clad you just cleaned.... your bank will take your coins now.

Never , ever... throw a penny in the mixture with your clad coins....they will turn dark and stained from the penny.

E L M Y

This is the most looked at forum so I will post it here for all who have ever asked how to clean clad.
My old clad cleaning solution.....gave it out years ago on this forum.....

Cover your coins in white vinegar and add a table spoon of salt or more to about a cup of vinegar....
if you have a tumbler ..use aquarium gravel and tumble for a half hour....if not a jar with a screw on lid.....shake it for a few minutes and let it set for
a while and do the same over and over for about a half hour or more.... rinse with water and wipe with a soft cloth or towel....rinse the coins thoroughly before you towel dry.

You now can't tell the difference between the coins in your pocket and the clad you just cleaned.... your bank will take your coins now.

Never , ever... throw a penny in the mixture with your clad coins....they will turn dark and stained from the penny.

E L M Y
Elmo, why don’t you add any soap?

I use a mixture of stainless steel shot and a capful of limeaway works great to
Mark

Mark
The reason I use white vinegar is most households have it and it has always worked. But thanks for another option for all to use !

Now to see your post on that beat up barber !

Mark
Mkus, I remember seeing that post - you even had a link to buy the stainless steel parts.
Do you use the same for both copper n clad?
Please post a link again or at least what they are called?
Thanks,
Tony

Last edited:
Mkus, I remember seeing that post - you even had a link to buy the stainless steel parts.
Do you use the same for both copper n clad?
Please post a link again or at least what they are called?
Thanks,
Tony
Thanks yes I use it for all my cleaning
20B154E7-F5DC-47A9-9DB5-0C7126B9DD84.png

I have been using white vinegar and rock salt for a few years. The solution does get filthy. Gets clad coins clean enough that the vast majority go thru the very picky coin counter at my credit union. I do not use the solution on pennies and zinclons. I tried it and pressure built up and the lid came off my tumbler.

It will work if you just cover the pennies and aquarium gravel with vinegar....to much liquid and you get that...pennies still don't come out as nice as clad.

Good clad cleaning mixture. Been using it for a long time myself. I use apple cider vinegar, salt and pea gravel on pennies. HH jim tn