Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vintage Silver Sabre 2

Woodstock

I recently acquired a nice oldie but goodie . A Silver Sabre 2 ( metal box ) and super tuned it and it's now a deeper beeper that it ever was . It's sporting the 8" donut coil now and I was hoping to find out what other ( if any ) Tesoro coils I could use with it ... does anyone know ? Happy Trails and Best to All ! Woodstock

Woodstock any 5-pin Tesoro coil or Troy Shadow X2 coil along with some of today's 5-pin after market coils compatible with Tesoro's can be used with the Silver Sabre II. Sometimes when doing coil swaps depending on ground conditions you may have to readjust an internal ground balance trim-pot and threshold trim-pot to optimize performance. HH!

Texadillo said:
Woodstock any 5-pin Tesoro coil or Troy Shadow X2 coil along with some of today's 5-pin after market coils compatible with Tesoro's can be used with the Silver Sabre II. Sometimes when doing coil swaps depending on ground conditions you may have to readjust an internal ground balance trim-pot and threshold trim-pot to optimize performance. HH!

Is this also true with the original 1983 Silver Sabre??

RobM ~ Tulsa

Rob I would think the same holds true for the original Silver Sabre also. HH!

Texadillo said:
Rob I would think the same holds true for the original Silver Sabre also. HH!

Thanks,, I've been kind of wondering,,, it seems to be a different critter.

RobM ~ Tulsa

Indeed some coils must be tuned to the unit for Max efficiency in Tesoro's.....especially in metered units as they may get out of accuracy...imagine some are compatible to each other and only Tesoro would know so before you jump on another coil call the factory...

On my 1985 Golden Sabre I have used the old white 8" donut, modern brown 8", 5.75" concentric and 10" x12" wide scan. They all seem to work as well as they do on my modern non GB Tesoro.