Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vintige 70, layer

kaolinwasher

weather was good 60.s low humidity a nice wind, I took the Mirage P,I and finally found the hot spot , all this came out of a spot about 2 ft x2ft coins start at 3" and go to 6" deep several on edge the Mirage was picking them all out . I had a gopher digging near by so the 1st thing I did was set the trap and by the time I left I had him , the dates on the coins range from 65 to 1981 so i would say mid 70.s to early 80 vintage spot , times where good , I am hoping a gold ring lay in the spot as i have a good more ground to cover but i know where to look now , the aluminum token is for asking a chick to have sex , my guess is she declined and threw it on the ground , feeling insulted as tho her only worth was sex, Vile is all I can say . so I did good today got the gopher and found a hot spot with no zincs

interesting spot, i must ask ... why kill the gopher. he was softening the dirt for ya ...

I get 2.00$ for each gopher

Man that's allot of coinage in such a small spot. Looks like you have some work ahead of you.

Why do you use a PI detector? I always wondered if those would be better in areas that had fill brought in.

Good stuff there Gunnar! A fellow can do right well on gophers at 2 bucks per!
Mud

2 bucks is 2 bucks. You found yourself a nice little hot spot bro. Glad you found some goodies - Jimmy

coondog, I like the P,I because it ignore small foil , hits really hard on Gold, and ignore the worst ground minerals the P,I that I use is really light as well , lets say a small nail is over a ring but the small nail is to deep to hear , if I used a disq machine i would probably never hear the ring below that small nail but the P,I would hear that ring below that nail , In fact the nail would only amplify the signal , now lets say a small pice of foil is on the surface and my disq machine is set to ignore foil and a ring is 4" below its a good chance i would lose that ring but the P,I will not hear the foil but hit hard on the ring , the down side of the P,I is forget finding chains , or broken rings thats where something like a compadre will do better but the down side of the compadre is its going to hit the foil . kinda like a fat guy & a skinny guy I don't use the skinny guy to bust a door down , and i don't use the fat guy to crawl thru the cu chi tunnels

Hey Gunnar........

Looks like you're learning that Mirage really good, I suspect that if there is a gold ring at that spot.....it's yours. Congratz!