Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Viper coil for MAX

Trashfinder

Just curious what the Garrett guys think about the viper coil on the AT series and it's performance like depth, separation , etc. compared to the other coils used on these machines.

I have used mine a fair bit on the AT Max. It performs as expected, midway between the Stock 8.5X11 and the 5X8 on depth & separation. Very stable.
It is a good size for most sites & will see a good bit of use.

An excellent coil. Razor sharp separation and depth on close to the 8.5x11. Personally, I would take it over the 5x8.

I still have a A T Pro, but with everything else out there now it doesn't get a lot of use. I hung onto it, though, as for my old ears it still has the best coin/silver tone going. It has that sweet, soft high tone that just tells you you are over something good. I always found the 5 X 8 wanting a little depth wise and since I plan to hang onto the A T Pro, the Viper coil just could be the answer for those overly trashy spots. I'd like to hear a few more comments on it! HH jim tn

I don't have one yet but now reading this maybe my next order from D Warehouse,
thanks for the good reports peoples :coffee::cam:🎯