Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Virginia Beach question.

Big Red

Headed to Virginia Beach area in a few weeks
Plan on detecting the beach, any laws pertaining to hunting the beach that I need to know. Thanks!

I was down last fall... just use common sense and courtesy when operating around people, fill your holes in and enjoy... you should be ok from rudees inlet all the way up to but NOT including Fort story military base... VA beach has always been detecting friendly. .. i would recommend you watch some of gravediggermax detecting videos, will give you a good idea of how things operate there...

Good luck there. Tons of sand and a steep tide drop makes detecting difficult, unless you just plan on trying the dry sand. My parents live near there, so I have detected there often.

Just confirming what others already said. I go on a semi regular basis and VA Beach has always been detector friendly to me. Also be courteous/common sense to the guys who comb the beach at night. When they come, you move out of the way. I've seen another detectorist cause trouble with one of these guys; it would be nice to continue detecting here.

Be careful where you park!

I choose to go at night or more unpopulated place during the day, especially if you are in the surf. The surf gets rough and potential for your shovel to clip a kid or someone if detecting with a crowd. Just common sense. Good luck! I'm headed down tonight or this weekend...