Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vision Auido ?????????????

Mick,There will be no prob detectin ,I still have my DFX. Just wanted to get the V3 time in. Yazoo

10-4 Yazoo, I have the Auido issue you have just not as bad???? If I click the trigger it gos away 4R a bit,
Mick

Mickfin,

We've determined that because of the way stereo audio is being generated, the L & R audio can occasionally be out-of-phase. This results in what some people have described as jumping between mono and stereo, but it's really all stereo, they're just hearing some phase rotation. It sounds like you've suddenly turned on surround sound.

Anyway, if you are running mono plug-in headphones, you will hear this phase rotation as fading, because the L & R channels are blended. If they go out-of-phase, they cancel. We failed to catch this problem in field testing.

It is my understanding that you have the fading issue even when using the speaker, which doesn't fit the above scenario. So I have an experiment for you to try. I am wondering if, for some reason, your V is jumping between speaker & headphone settings. If your threshold and/or target volumes are set lower for headphones (usually the case), this could result in sudden fading. Try adjusting the speaker and headphone volumes to be identical, then run it with the speaker and see if the fading continues.

- Carl

Sorry Carl I dont know what you mean, HP Volume ???? Mick

If you zoom on the audio live control, the audio menu will be displayed. In the target volume menu, there are 3 settings, one for speaker, one for wired headphones and one for the wireless headphones. In the threshold volume menu, there are again adjustments for each of these 3 devices. What we suspect is that if you set the threshold volumes the same for the speaker and the wired headphones (this would have nothing to do with the wireless headphones, so that setting does not need to be adjusted) and the target volumes the same for the speaker and wired headphones, you won't hear the fading anymore. But since we can't reproduce what you're hearing, we are only guessing at what might be happening at this point.

ak witch program rae you working with all the Live Controls are different???? Im working with HI Pro, Mic

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I think hi pro has an audio live control. You can also get to the audio menu by going into the expert menu. Press the menu button twice, and then move the cursor down to the expert menu option and select that. The next screen is the expert menu, and then scroll down to the audio menu. This is the same menu as you get when you zoom the audio live control. The audio menu in the 6 block menu does not have all the options so you won't see all the adjustments in it. The zoomed live control and the expert menu audio menu are the same and do have all adjustments.

Hope this helps. Thank you for trying this out for us.

Carl:
I seem to have the same problem with audio fading and deteriorating in quality with plug in headphones and the speaker. It temporarily seems to improve when the trigger is pulled. Your suggestion of setting the same volume and threshold setting for the speakers and plugin headphones seems to work. Is this a hardware or software issue? Will there be some other fix?

This sounds like a possible hardware problem. When running on speaker, it is possible that one of the headphone socket's contacts is not making good contact which would tell the software that there is a headphone connected and then the volume would switch to the headphone volume and back again (when contact was made). There is also a known condition with mono headphones that will cause the audio to fade. Mono headphones are not recommended for this machine. It might also seem possible that if you have a faulty socket that it might also have a problem seeing that you have stereo phones plugged in, which will affect how the audio is driven - they would appear to be mono headphones rather than stereo. The result you are reporting is what we expected to hear when both volumes were set equally for the symptoms that you have with the speaker.

Sorry about the delay. I think it is the headphones. I have 2 pair of sunray Pro headphones and they both do the same thing. However, they work okay with my etrac. Thanks for your assistance.

Did Whites get a Auido fix yet????????????

Hey Mic,
I sent my Vision in a week or so ago and now I no longer have any audio issues when using plug in headphones. My software version is the 1.3.

Wheresthegoodstuff

Hay Good Stuff Dude I just sent my Vision off 4R the 1.3 Mic

Thanks Good Stuff Dude, She should be back by the 27TH ??????????????? Mic