Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Visited my favorite machine today

dougmoore34

Well I hit my favorite machine this eve. Coinstar is great. Dump in your junk [clad] and stand back for the total. It rejected about 5 fists full and after that the total was $162.76! I was $148.27 to the good after the machine took its cut. Not bad for digs that make me angry most of the time when I find them. I still have some in my digging pouch [under $20.00...to heavy after that] and like I said it rejected a batch [looked like grenaded zincs and Susan B. Anthony dollars]. At the end of the year I'll empty the chest again and see what Coinstar has to say.
I really hate finding clad but about twice a year it does make me smile.
Doug in OR

What do you mean "...after the machine took its cut."? Are you saying that the Coinstar machine charges a fee? I ask 'cause in our Commerce banks they have those machines although I didn't pay attention to see if it's a Coinstar and it doesn't keep any money, you get 100% back as a receipt that you take to a teller and they give you the stated amount. You can also guess how much you've put it and if you are correct you are given a prize!

Golden Silver

Coinstar takes a 7% cut.
My bank doesn't have a coin machine, though. I just counted and wrapped 244 dollars in change, then cashed it in at the bank window.

Later,
B.

then you give the paper to the window . i use coinstar when i dont feel like going to the bank or i need quick cash.

CoinStar is at the local grocery store. I figure for .089 [.09] cents on the dollar its not worth my time to wrap the coins and I'll never actually see my bank open unless I get a job there.
Doug in OR

CoinStar saves me a LOT of headaches with the bank...My Bank once actually called me after I took some slightly miscolored coins to them in rolls and told me not to do it anymore...CoinStar don't care what shape they are in, as long as the machine can tell what the coin is.

HH,

BH-LandStar