Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Visited the red dirt of Virginia with the Infinium

Gord (Tecumseh)

With just about 2 hours experience with the Infinium, I headed to a hunt in Virginia last Thursday to try my luck. I must admit that I was quite nervous. On day one, I managed to find five fired 58 cal miniballs and a brass drawer pull. Day two was tough. I covered a lot of ground, dug two pouchs of iron and then learned the capabilities of this machine. I got a repeatable hi-low signal in the middle of a minefield of previously dug holes. At 12" I looked in the bottom of the hole and saw a button back. Took it out of the hole and ran the Infinium back over the hole. Surprise, another signal.Another inch down, I uncovered another button back. I was told that they were kepi buttons based on their size. Then, another 40 feet away, I got another faint hi-low. Digging down at least 6", the target was no longer in the hole. After working the dirt over the coil, I finally found a bucky ball.
I can hardly wait to get more familiar with this machine. Hot dirt and targets at a foot deep. Man, the potential is unreal. Other experienced Infinium dug many nice Civil War relics during the hunt. All were extremely helpful to the Infinium Rookie. Now it's up to me. Good luck hunting y'all.

in my red clay N Ga soil's....I am just starting to learn the machine But it is crazy deep on brass for sure I did a Halloween hunt today and hit some buttons crazy deep...Thanks for the info

Keith

Good job on the relics Gord! I used mine in Georgia in that same dirt. On top of Lost Mtn there are many Confederate trenches. Its a place where my VLF machines went NUTS. The Infinium did very well there, and I did find some challenging ground there with it. The most hottest ground Ive ever experience from California to Oregon to Georgia...that hill was the hottest even for the Infinium. But still got me some nice relics.

That Lost Mtn should be called Iron Mtn....:yikes:
Alan

Nice hunt!:garrett::detecting:Congrats on the great finds!:beers:
I wish that I woulda had an Infinium back when I was metal detecting in Georgia twenty years ago.:wiggle:I was usin' my Grand Master Hunter and Scorpion(both still goin' strong) and did alright. That Infinium LS is an incredible machine. Talk about deep!:goodnight: :biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)