Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Visiting Daughter at College - Found Two Silvers

lloyd0161

Spent a half hour detecting the old student rental where my daughter is staying on campus at her University. Within 10 minutes we had two silvers; 1944 Merc and 1962 Canadian quarter. Man, we couldn't even buy candy at the local store with those worthless Canadian coins back in the day when they were common in the Detroit area where I grew up. Looked up the quarter on one site and it said worth approx. $2.50 in bullion value, lol. We would try to sneak all those coins in at the store and hope the merchant didn't notice or didn't care. Sometimes they would give us 80% or so face value. Wish I still had the pile of nuisance coins I had as a kid in my change jar. The yard must not ever have been back filled and the coins were only a couple inches in the ground instead of digging to China for a change. Of course being a college town there was a sea of pull tabs and bottle caps to contend with.

Thats cool! I remember that too..grew up in Detroit in the late 60's, tried to pass off the Canadian to the Good Humor Man all the time!..:rofl:...Good hunting and great memories!
Mud.

mudpuppy said:
Thats cool! I remember that too..grew up in Detroit in the late 60's, tried to pass off the Canadian to the Good Humor Man all the time!..:rofl:...Good hunting and great memories!
Mud.

I loved hearing the Good Humor truck coming. My favorite was a toasted almond same as my mother. Such good times. You could see Canada across the river. We used to fish in Lake St. Clair for walleye, white bass and perch. Such great memories:)

mudpuppy said:
Mud.

Somethin' tells me the good humor man lost his good humor when he saw you coming! :rofl:

-pete

I found some silver canadian quarters in the drawer when I worked retail. Nobody really knew they had silver in them. Had a fellow co-worker show me 3 Canadian quarters one night and ask what she should do with them. I said sell them to me. One was a silver one. I told them afterwards why I bought them. They were surprised. I am always on the look out now for silver coins in pocket change from other countries. HH

Dirtdigger33 said:
I found some silver canadian quarters in the drawer when I worked retail. Nobody really knew they had silver in them. Had a fellow co-worker show me 3 Canadian quarters one night and ask what she should do with them. I said sell them to me. One was a silver one. I told them afterwards why I bought them. They were surprised. I am always on the look out now for silver coins in pocket change from other countries. HH

My wife works retail and is checking her change for wheats and silver, etc.