Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista ergonomics

Aksi

Hello, I wanted to ask, how the ergonomics of Vista detectors fit you... During a longer search (cca 5 hours +), I catch a cramp in my wrist ... despite the fact, that the detector is well balanced.
Maybe it's the shaft angle at the grip? Or is there a problem in my arm? :unsure:
I'm starting to think about some modification of the shaft ... so that I can use this great machine for as long as possible.
Aksi

Google found some inspiration ...

Attachments

• mars_shaft.jpg
    mars_shaft.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 220
  • deus_shaft.jpg
    deus_shaft.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 210
It's the handle portion with the grip. I tend to like the handle angle found on the White's s-handles and will bend other s-handles to match. Then change the foam grip to that found on Tesoros
grip.png
esoros.

Because I have a secondhand Vista Warrior and I don't have to deal with a warranty, I decided to completely redesign the detector. I wanted to create a machine with good ergonomics, perfectly balanced, compact, so that you could work comfortably with it for a long time.
At the same time, I wanted to use as many components from the original design as possible. The solution was to use a simple straight shaft with a handle at a 90 degree angle, similar solution that´s offered by various manufacturers for various machines on the market. I used a carbon tube with appropriate diameter, so I can use the original deeptech shaft bar locks and the handle, which is used on bicycle handlebars.
To balance the detector, I had to move the electronics box and also the batteries as far back as possible. In this point, I decided to replace the existing battery box with 8 AA batteries with another type of power supply. After considering all the options, I chose a 12 V power bank from ebay. It uses three 18650 lithium cells. This power supply has already proved its worth in Minelab Explorer, Etrac ... I placed the power bank in the hardcase originally intended for some kind of digital camera. I also had to create a small power socket on the electronics box to connect the power bank cable.

Attachments

• 20211012_211717.jpg
    20211012_211717.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 189
  • 20211012_213535.jpg
    20211012_213535.jpg
    856.6 KB · Views: 188
Well, after field tests, I left the concept of a straight shaft. :( The detector didn't fit in my hand, it swayed as I searched, it just wasn't what I wanted.
So I left the carbon tubes and tried to use the proven design from XP Deus.
After completion, it does not look bad at all ... Vista Warrior + XP Deus = Vista Warriorus!!!

Attachments

• warriorus01.jpg
    warriorus01.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 186
  • warriorus02.jpg
    warriorus02.jpg
    690.8 KB · Views: 182
  • warriorus03.jpg
    warriorus03.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 180