Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista for civil war relic hunting!

dirthunter

Which model of Vista would you choose for civil war relic hunting in Tennessee and Virginia? One that would be good on lead, brass and copper. Thanks.

Richard from Backwoods detectors...What do you think? I will be purchasing the unit from you. You live in that general area. Thanks.

Dirt hunter I use a vista smart and live in middle Tennessee, works great in iron sites with super 6 coil , goes deep in boost mode. I am sure warrior and other vista users can chime in with their opinions

I believe the Gold,Smart +,Warrior can't go wrong with anyone of them.The iron volume on the Gold,And Smart +.Nice feature in heavy iron.I have the Warrior and love it.Great detectors.

DH, Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Anyway, I would go either with the Warrior or the Smart Plus. Both will work perfectly for what you want. Richard

[size=large]The Warrior (18 khz) has the Gain function that will boost the audio allowing you to hear hidden targets in the returning signal that would normally be hidden or very low audibly. There isn't an iron volume or a pinpoint feature. The boost and modes are on the face plate of the display instead of being triggers on either side on the bottom.

Smart Plus : 15.5 khz The Plus doesn't have the Gain Function.
It has the Pinpoint Button. ( In an iron infested area, using the PP can easily throw you off because of iron everywhere, I have found it is better to X the target instead) In normal areas, it is a great function.
There is a Iron Volume. I use this function a lot. The first time I hunt an area, I may leave it close to high volume but if it is an area where there is a lot of iron and only a few non-ferrous targets, I turn it to about the 9 o'clock position. That allows me to hear the definition of the high tone better without having the low tone audibly override my hearing. If you choose, you can turn it totally off and the high tone audio will be "complete" in that there is no infringement by the iron volume.

Overall, either one, will provide fantastic results. All the DeepTech Detectors do a wonderful job but their ability is there all along, it is a matter of interrupting what they are telling you and that takes time.

Too, a factor to take into consideration when I mention the above is that the way I hunt is totally different than most. My explanation is going to be about hunting an old house or campsite that has been hunted for years and literally a bed of iron. Most folks don't like to hunt areas like this but
for me it is a challenge. Sure I like a site that no one has ever hunted but the pounded sites get my adrenalin going,too.

BTW, It doesn't take much to make me happy, waking up and realizing I'm still alive, tickles me. Finding an old coin under a bed of nails, puts my blood pressure up in the stroke area. Richard
[/size]

Thanks a bunch Richard! The Warrior is sounding like a good choice. I will give you a holler shortly when I'm ready to order.

dirthunter said:
Thanks a bunch Richard! The Warrior is sounding like a good choice. I will give you a holler shortly when I'm ready to order.
The DeepTech detectors are great & Richard @ Backwoods Detectors is to notch to do business with.

SkiWhiz said:
dirthunter said:
The DeepTech detectors are great & Richard @ Backwoods Detectors is to notch to do business with.
I meant to say top notch.