Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista Gold in Iron

Carter NY

Met a few guys today at an old worked out 1700's mill site. They wanted to see if the DeepTech could hear anything amongst the iron; I had no idea how much iron there was going to be..... I was told there were no good targets left in this area.

I ran the Gold on full sensitivity so there was some light falsing but I like running machines on the edge. It was fun learning the machine.

I brought the head-cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EauQQJg5xY

Carter thanks for taking me with , that was fun , just think of how many masked items are in thear, but you have shown its not hunted out , how did they miss that big button, dont let me in thear i will dig every nail, that would be fun just need a good magnet and some persistance.

hey gunnarmn,i was at this hunt with Carter,this area was sniped pretty well by minelabs and i hit it myself with both e-trac and the blisstool..as you heard a blanket of iron is over this area,the vista gold was amazing with its ability to hear non ferrous among the iron.yeah sure you can spend alot of man hours removing all that iron to find what was missed but i think it is more fun to try to snipe it with the detector.that sold me on the vista gold.hey carter that button is stellar.do i get it when you send me my vista gold this week?after all i made you look real good by missing it everytime i hit this hill with another detector lol.had fun today thanks for the lessons.

:rofl: you are too funny Gunnar - calm down nail killer lol. That is what the Vista Gold is so good at doing without removing 40 million nails. You are right there might be some masked items... but to me it would not be worth it to dig out every single nail. Then again, if we go hunting together I will bring a high grade commerical magnet just for you. :)

GunnarMN said:
Carter thanks for taking me with , that was fun , just think of how many masked items are in thear, but you have shown its not hunted out , how did they miss that big button, dont let me in thear i will dig every nail, that would be fun just need a good magnet and some persistance.

Rustynail & Carter -
I hope you guys can spend more time on this site to give it a good comb over and report the results. Thanks for the video - Jim

Carter nice find, thats showing the speed of Bulgarian power my friends, you can thank the designer Plamen Rashkov of DeepTech for this machine!

That is just the type of thing I've been experiencing at my hunted out sites.

If it does that well with that big 11" coil, imagine what will be possible with the new 7" expected to be available in April.

Now the guys know how hard it is to dig the oldest coins and relics you can find in this country. I use to take medicine for the headaches this caused me. Nice feature to lower the iron volume when needed.