Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista Gold passes CW era carpet of nails with flying colors!

Ray-Mo.

Been snowed in for a while and finally got out with my Gold to a ghost town site that was burned to the ground during the CW and has millions of square nails of all sizes. I dug one CW pistol bullet and a few other relics but the most amazing find was the lack of a single nail :thumbup:

its clear that the Gold is the best detector made for pulling non iron targets out of nail infested sites,, but just think how many good targets are hiding if you would dig the nails, I know those cut nails hid things, I went over a 1879 seated dime that was only 4" deep with every detector i had. and it took a raine storm to wash it out and it had a cut nails 1" from it I wonder if I had the Vista Gold if it would have hit it , It just may have done so . sounds like a really cool spot burned in the Cival war thats intresting , I heard they used 15.000 nails just to build one house back then to badd you could not plow it and try againe

You would never have time to dig out all ferrous targets. Fast processors are here to stay. Now if I could only convince an American based OEM I do tests for on occasion to work on this.:drool:

Wait till you see the find! it is awesome.