Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VISTA Question

ken ward

I have been reading a lot on these units and watching videos. Now I see ads in the wanted section that people are wanting these unites. Just how good are they. Are they built rugged? Where are they made? Are there any used ones out their? I guess I just have a bunch of questions don't I.... Thanks for any good information.... KEN

Thanks for the info. Been reading a lot about them.... KEN

I like mine, when I got it , it looked bigger than need be, like a larger version of a u max unit
It has a very fast recovery speed, like a g2 or mxt , outlaw ect........ There is probably some mathmatical way to calculate it exactly but for comparision I use the others listed. So thats what I know
It can be set up to notch foil and still get smaller gold chains with a good sound, very cool , cant think of a machine that can do that.
I got mine used from Richard at Backwoods, very good condition, the videos posted by Mr Southern are a very accurate example of how it works in the real world .
On dry sand at the ocean beach one can hunt for gold without digging endless foil, med damp sand is ok , wet sand forget it.
It does hit very hard on nickles and does better than fair on dimes-quarters less so, I tried using it for coin shooting and if you swing fast the coins hit really well (surprise:) pulltabs to.
If your in iron nail areas the big coil does darn good will lock onto the target.
Depth is good
Does very good on small targets
No emi issues
Med Lightweight unit
Strong point is chain jewellery, working targets in iron

The Gold has been just incredible at my hunted out, iron infested sites, making them come alive again. It also gets excellent depth on small relics and coins.

The quality of build is lacking. They look like toys compared to most of today's detectors but they perform great.

I like using my gold on the beach. very STABLE, GREAT DEPTH, VERY SENSITIVE TO GOLD, ALUM AND NICKELS.
Very telling audio. I like the analog platform. Lite weight. The only negative I find is the flimsy battery box.

How does the gold compare to the silver?

Thanks for the break down on the detectors. It helps. I am not planning on hunting any salt water beaches here in Indiana. I have been watching the videos. Looks like the smart will be my choise... KEN