Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista Warrior Tips

morelic1955

Just got one and would like some tips on hunting old house sites and CW campsites loaded with nails. Have had the RG 1000 and Gold in the past and they were pretty good at sniffing out buttons in heavy iron. So, is it wise to investigate a high tone peep going one way? What's the best
Discrimination setting and gain vs sensitivity settings?

You should get some replies from some folks here that have used the Vista Warrior. I have really enjoyed the performance of my Vista X which is similar. Keith Southern has some video's on his channel Relics1864 on the Warrior. He is a good tester & hunts the type of sites you mentioned.

I too would like to know the answer to momule's question. A coin next to a nail gives a one-way signal as does a nail false, at least on the X. Are there subtle differences that allow the skilled user to tell the difference on the Deeptech machines or are we limited to two way signals only?

With the Vista X, I will set the Gain & Threshold to match the hunting conditions. Heavy nails, shallow trash or heavy minerals get lower gain & mid to higher threshold. EMI gets lower threshold settings. It's a balancing act. In nails, I will dig one way hits if they are consistent & don't move around. First disc/tone break is set to low tone the average nail, Second disc/tone break is usually set to flip flop on a Nickle 5 cent piece. A one way hit on the 2nd disc is going to get dug always. This is Relic hunting/old home sites.