Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista X and EMI?

kittlitz

Does anyone have experience with the Vista X in high-EMI environments? I tend to detect old houses in inner-city areas, and the EMI can be quite bad due to overhead power-lines, lots of WiFi routers, cell phones and appliances in nearby apartments/condos, etc.

Many machines tend to be chatty in such environments, and I did notice some problems with my Vista Mini. So I was wondering how the X handles these situations.

If anyone has tried it in a high-EMI environment, I'd like to hear about your experience. Thanks!

-Ken

Have hunted my X under power lines with no trouble. Course their not all the same. Right now I'm hunting a beach town. Along high-rises, all with Wi-fi, thousands of cell phones, etc. I can air test in my apartment, (coil propped on pillows) All with no problem. Hunted with coil submerged in Fresh water, no problem. Handled all Dry Salt sand beaches down to the surf line. Than it can get pretty emotional. Just when I think I got the X about figured out, Keith or Desi Dunne come up with something new, I gotta try. It's a lot of fun.

Can you tell us a little more on how the X performs in the different salt water beach environments including depth.

Thank you,

El

Dancer said:
Have hunted my X under power lines with no trouble. Course their not all the same. Right now I'm hunting a beach town. Along high-rises, all with Wi-fi, thousands of cell phones, etc. I can air test in my apartment, (coil propped on pillows) All with no problem. Hunted with coil submerged in Fresh water, no problem. Handled all Dry Salt sand beaches down to the surf line. Than it can get pretty emotional. Just when I think I got the X about figured out, Keith or Desi Dunne come up with something new, I gotta try. It's a lot of fun.

Thanks, Dancer! Good to hear that the X handles situations like that. My Tejon, while generally good with EMI, does have problems when there are lot of hotels and other high-rises around. I don't plan to use the X for wet salt sand hunting, so it can get emotional there if it wants to :)

-Ken

I’ve encountered Zero EMI with the X so far that’s in house and out... even worked under power lines, broadcasting towers in the past with other machines have caused some issues as they emit all kinds of frequencies!

Ziggy J said:
I’ve encountered Zero EMI with the X so far that’s in house and out... even worked under power lines, broadcasting towers in the past with other machines have caused some issues as they emit all kinds of frequencies!

Thanks, Ziggy. Yeah, broadcasting towers can be a real problem sometimes. I'm pleased to hear that the X does well inside the house, since there's typically a lot of EMI there.

-Ken