Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista X Batteries

So, Richard@BackwoodsDetectors said:

Jeff, the working voltage of the Vista X is 9.6 - 13 vdc.. Richard.

That means that the EBL's, or any NIMH battery at 9.6V ( 1.2V x 8 ) are good to go.
If that's the case you probably won't notice any advantage running a 1.5 V Li-ion higher capacity mA/hour battery, with the exception of a maybe a longer duration. I'll probably try both the Li-ion, and the Eneloop Pro NIMH since they have such great reviews by everyone, and see if I notice a difference.
Good to know, thanks Richard. 👍
I will be doing the same and let everyone know how they work, also going to try the ones that are 1.6 volts also

the 1.6 volt EBLs would put it at 12.8 volts and still under the 13 vdc, so I really see no reason any of the batteries we all listed wouldn't work

This is a quote from:

"None of the Li-ion batteries we tested passed muster in our long-term capacity tests—their performance had plummeted by the 50th charge cycle"
Also note that they advertise mWhs, not mAh ratings. The ratings for Eneloop batteries used the lesser powered white ones.

Yeah, I just couldn't find any Li-Ion batteries that had any good reviews. Seems that they loose their mAh, and full charging ability after several cycles, to where they'll become useless. That's crazy, because I know people that have Lithium Polymer batteries for Radio Control cars that are just insane, to where you can't kill them. Can't seem to find real Lithium Polymer AA size batteries, they're all specialty items. Might be a good project if you could find the right battery to use in the place of the battery pod. I'll have to look further into this, because I know they have crazy good batteries out there. I'll have to go talk to the guys at the Radio Control Hobby Shop, because they know their stuff, and would know what battery would work.
I settled for a smart battery charger, and the Panasonic Enloop Pro's NIMH 1.2V, 2600mAh, 3120mWh batteries just to be safe, because it seems to be everyone's favorite, for a good reason, and I will have to do some more research before buying anything else.
Screenshot_20240213_212309_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20240213_212239_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited: