Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Vista X disc. depth

swmomark

How deep in mineralized ground can the Vista X detect a silver dime, while disc. out a pulltab ? Thanks, Mark

There’s a video by relics1864 showing the x hit a 10” dime loud and clear in his high mineral dirt. Not sure his disc is set that high.. I’ve watched many of his vids of different machines on that dime and the x is amongst the best sounding signal on it. F75 calls it iron.... so that’s pretty good for the x in my book.

I have seen that video pretty impressive. Looks great for relics. Didn't know how much depth you would lose if discriminateing out pulltabs in a modern trash area. I have a Vista Smart. Wish it had a bigger difference in tone between iron and non-ferrous like the X does. Still a good machine.

It’s funny, when they were designing it, it was touted as being for US market for the expanded disc. In reality, for the way I hunt, it’s still no more than a relic machine. I mean, yeah, you can basically create a tone break with the primary disc and then even make a “notch window” with alt disc, or change it to flutter on certain targets but that is less productive for me than low disc with 3 or 4 tones. For me the tones make the coin machines. If I had the x it would see nothing but battle sites and very old home sites. Alt disc would probably never be used. JMO.

It is Great for relics..and coins..found my share of both so far...Depth and Reset..is what makes the X special..
If you enjoy a beep/dig machine I think you will like it..I was invited over the weekend to a relic site that had high mineralized dirt in some places..did not see any real problems with my X...my PP was a different story....
IR mentioned multi tones..I have several multi tones detects..and like them..but they can also cause you to pass up on good targets also..just my opinion...hh joe

Joseph, Another thing I'm finding it seems the X is pretty sharp on coins laying on edge. (park hunting) Between cleated shoes and the airarateing machines happens a lot, As far as depth my deepest ground averages 6" to 8". When I get one that deep, the X still hitting hard. Also I must have the mildest ground cause normally I can run pretty near wide open.

I think where some of my feeling comes from is frustration when learning the hobby on a vaquero and struggling with piles of trash vs very few really good finds. I always had a tendency to run it too hot as well. Later on my research got better and I quit hitting obvious areas and started gaining permissions and that’s when the coins started coming. So, in retrospect, it was a combination of site choice and poor understanding single tone with disc. that put me on the t2. I later took the vaquero behind the t2 on several hunts and did pretty well with it. I do have some spots that require the super depth of the x so it’s still on my watch list... I have no money lol or I’d have 20 detectors! It is so difficult to offload good used machines when things like the simplex are around!

Understand where you are coming from IR..
I would like to own about 10 detectors myself..but believe I would be in the doghouse most of the time...hard for spouse's to understand a fellow needs more than 1 or 2 detectors😁 hh joe