Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VLF interfere with GP(X) units.?

David

I have a Minelab GP and also a Detector Pro Pistol Probe pinpointer which is also a PI. My Pistol Probe(PI) is very deep but interferes with chatter(interference) on my GP detector very badly so I cannot use it in that combination.

1--Any ideas-techniques to help with this problem.?

2--Does the Garrett Pro Pointer VLF pinpointer interfere with the Minelab SD, GP, and GPX (PI) detectors.?

3--Also as far as full size detectors go, yes a PI does interfere with PI. But does a VLF detector interfere with PI detector.?

Thank you.

Yes, and yes. A Garrett Propoiner will cause some interference with a GPX (assuming the same for a GP) unless the coil is pointed far away from the hole.

And I can't speak for other VLF machines, but I can't be within 35 yards of my son's Etrac when I'm running the GPX. The interference is downright nasty!

At the Diggin in Virginia hunts, I didn't notice getting any interference from VLFs...but they will hear you. You can hear TDI machines with a GPX but you actually can tune them out. The problem is if your swinging the TDI...there's not much you can do but get far away especially if the GPX dude hits what I call the "TDI Jammer" it will send every TDI within 30 yards of you running or get you evil looks. hehe

I have neve noticed any interference from the Pro Pointer. At DIV I tend to put the unit behind me when I need to use the pointer maybe that the difference. I've never had a problem with a vlf machine unless I was within 2 or 3 feet of it.

At DIV XV I used the "TDI Jammer" effectively. Every time I would dig a hold I get 2 or 3 fells who would end up within 10 feet of me. I knew they were there because my unit would become unstable. So I activated my "jammer" to shoo them off.

ScottTX

That would be the one. Since there are 300+ people at a DIV on 400-4000 acres of land you would never expect folks to do that but they do.

ScottTx

Thank you very much for your replies. I think a VLF(either pinpointer or full sized machine) interferes less with a PI, than a PI(either pinpointer or full sized machine) to PI.

LOL I thought I was going to be "churched" for doing that video of the jammer LOL

It is a shame though that people can't give you a little room. Most will respect you they see you're hunting a little area but some will stand and watch to see who is digging targets and then try to crawl in their back pocket. The "jammer" sent a few retreating from me as well.

If the probe is turned on before pressing the Auto Tune button the GPX will tune it out.

I ditched my Uniprobe in favor of the Pro Pointer. It get a little interference but not so much. Minelab claims there new pinpointer is designed to not interfere with Minelab detectors.