Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Volleyball Gold

plidn1

There is a large park I work once in a while. It is about 50 years old and has 2 tot lots on it, 2 soccer fields and about 5 baseball fields. It also has 2 volleyball courts.
This park has been worked to death by everyone and his brother. Several detecting clubs also play here. I have worked the soccer fields and have pulled some nice gold and silver over the last few years. Every so often I will hit the tots, but not too often as they have removed the wood chips and replaced them with ground up rubber. Very hard to work as they are full of rivets and steel shreds.

I haven't been there for a while so yesterday I hit the two tots. I found very little change so I started to think of a new place to hunt.
This park has this huge sand box with 2 volleyball nets side by side. I have never worked them because they are next to the parking lot and figured a million people have worked them. Also I have never seen anyone playing there.
I guess I was just in the mood to work a beach so I hit them. I put My 9.5 coil on for coverage and went to work.
Boy did I get surprised. At the end of 2 and a half hours I ended up with 3 toy cars, the usual junk, $1.37 in clad, a couple of cheap rings, a small silver pendant, a gold ring (10K @ 3.3grams) and a nice gold bracelet (14K @10.6 grams).
And the streak goes on.

I may have to give the volleyball lots a shot. They should be easy to hunt. No junk.

I sure hope a little envy isn't a crime.:unsure: Excellent finds!:thumbup::clapping:

plidn1 said:
I have never worked them because they are next to the parking lot and figured a million people have worked them.

I've also made some nice finds in close in areas that others have bypassed in there enthusiasm to reach what appears to be the more promising ground. Yep, I have no doubt Iv'e made the same error.

HH :detecting:

I guess we can not pass up a spot even if it does not look that good. Good job. You need to recheck it again... KEN

Perimeters of basketball courts are job #1 for me, volleyball courts are # 2.
I rarely find anything good in the sand but around the edges are another matter.
So much trash around these most just stay away.
Dig the trash, enjoy the spoils.

CongratZ!