Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3 acting Strange

daddyflea

Just switched my VX3 from Coins to Coin & Jewelry. I gained 4" at least of depth on a Nickle. I wrote down the settings and applied them all to Coin and everything is still the same no depth on Nickle at all. Switched back to Coins and Jewelry and it comes back. Same Coil same Sensitivity 3 Freq everything I can find is the same except the program name. Why is this?

Probably still a difference in the two settings. Maybe copy Coins and rename it. Try it out. Copy Coins & Jewelry to the new renamed. Try it out again.

NMchaser said:
Probably still a difference in the two settings. Maybe copy Coins and rename it. Try it out. Copy Coins & Jewelry to the new renamed. Try it out again.

Can't do that on a VX3

Okay, I have a V3i. Just looked at a spreadsheet that indicated it is for a VX3. There is more rejection blocks in the non-ferrous side for the coin mode than the coin/jewelry mode. Rejection blocks (discrimination) does affect depth.

NMchaser said:
Okay, I have a V3i. Just looked at a spreadsheet that indicated it is for a VX3. There is more rejection blocks in the non-ferrous side for the coin mode than the coin/jewelry mode. Rejection blocks (discrimination) does affect depth.

Thanks but that was the first thing I corrected. Coin would not even pick up Zinc Pennies. Zinc is where the Indians hide

If I remember right the vx3 had some programs in best data & others in correlate. You had to choose the program. The v3i has the option in all programs. It may be in the links above.

Well I contacted Whites and here is my answer

Regarding the VX3.

The Coin mode is designed to be the most user friendly, thus, it is not typically as sensitive as the Coin & Jewelry settings. There are (behind the scenes) selections made differently between the different search modes. We do not believe there is an issue with your VX3.

For experienced users, we do recommend the Coin & Jewelry mode over the Coin mode.

Sincerely

White’s USA

Set up your gain to where it's stable. Start low like 3 and work your way up. My gain can only get to 7 before it becomes unstable.