Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3 and every signal including iron

I want to hear everything including iron. I've tried mixed mode, all metal. I want to hear beeps and grunts. I also want tone id. Can this be set up and how?

I don't understand what you want? You will hear everything in all metal mode and mixed mode. You can't adjust tones with the VX3, the tones are what they are.

Maybe what you want is pick a program, say coin and jewelry. In the live controls choose discrimination and X all the boxes for the 191 VDI and you will hear it all. There will be tone ID but the tones are what they are with no adjustment. :confused:

I don't think I like opening them all the way up. I'll try it

Because I think I did that and all iron sounded like good targets. I could be wrong I'll have to try it again. I want iron to give me a grunt. I'll have to try it tonight to see

C/J has tone ID enabled. -95 has the lowest tone and the tones progress higher in tone until +95 which is the highest tone. You have no adjustment control of the tones with the VX3 like you have with the V3i. You either have this default set of tones or one tone.

The one feature which would be a deal breaker for me is the adjustable tones of the V3i. There are just so many ways I use this feature.

You can hear the range of targets you want to hear by adjusting the discrimination of the VX3. You can't decide how they will sound.

What detectors do you use or have used besides the VX3? I think I remember you had trouble with mixed mode.

kshollywood said:
Because I think I did that and all iron sounded like good targets. I could be wrong I'll have to try it again. I want iron to give me a grunt. I'll have to try it tonight to see
Try turning ur sensitivity down this statement make me think ur getting a false high tone on iron