Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3 Coil

daddyflea

Besides the Stock Coil, what is a recommended Coil for a VX3 for hunting trashy houses. I do need to get down to 8" with it.

I'd go with the 6x10 DD Eclipse or the 5.3 Eclipse though conditions would have to be just right..... 8" might be stretching it a bit especially in a trashy area.

wasp said:
I'd go with the 6x10 DD Eclipse or the 5.3 Eclipse though conditions would have to be just right..... 8" might be stretching it a bit especially in a trashy area.

Thanks I just sent Richard at Backwoods a message to get it headed this way,

The 6 X 19 DD is a great coil but for real trashy sites use the 4 X 6 DD or the 5.3 concentric much better for trashy sites
DFXDon

DFXDon said:
The 6 X 19 DD is a great coil but for real trashy sites use the 4 X 6 DD or the 5.3 concentric much better for trashy sites
DFXDon

Problem is 4X6 is most likely only good for about 5" That to me is just too shallow. Even though I might miss some shallow targets, I would miss all the deep good targets.

daddyflea said:
DFXDon said:
DFXDon

Problem is 4X6 is most likely only good for about 5" That to me is just too shallow. Even though I might miss some shallow targets, I would miss all the deep good targets.

I've always found the 4x6 Shooter coil just about the same depth ability as the 6x10, and stellar separation. Thing about the 4x6 is that it can be ran as hot as you want. It's very common to find me setting Rx to 15. I never took the 6x10 Eclipse off for about a year, except for the D2 coil. I now feel that I wasted quality hunt time with the year and the 6x10 coil.

The 4x6 IMPO, gets great depth for it's size. The coil that really gives me good results is the 8x6 SEF. It romps all over the 6x10 coil in depth. I have found 9" pennies, with decent ID. 6x10, NO WAY. I personally only found but a handful of any coins with decent VDI with the Shooter coil at anything past 7 inch depth.

I love the 4x6 Shooter and the 8x6 Detech.

I used to have a V3i and the 6X10 seemed to be a pretty good coil for me. If I am wrong somebody correct me.

The 6x10 is my go to coil for most of my hunting. I like to use it to "check out" new to me areas. I can always decide whether to go bigger or smaller if conditions dictate.

That said, I have the 5.3 and 4x6 to use in difficult or extremely trashy areas. The 8x6 SEF is a great little coil especially on my DFX in 2 freq. I just don't care to use it when running 3 freq. on the V3i.