Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3 for gold prospecting ???

St Bernard

Looking at the VX3 for a good all around detector. There are many areas where we live at here in Northern Ca. to look for gold nuggets or finer gold. We have lots of dry creek and stream beds in the summer time. I want a detector
that will do coin and jewelry as well as gold. I know there are detectors that are primary gold detectors. Like I said I want an excellent detector that can do it all. I have had several less expensive detectors before and looking to get
a premium detector which there are several on the market.
I see it comes with the 950 coil. If I was to get the VX3 what coil would be the best for gold prospecting? I know but research there are other brand coils other than Whites. I do not mind getting extra coils for a specific purpose. What about a coil also for trashy areas like the 6 X 10 DD? All feedback greatly appreciated Thanks
-----------------
Bill :confused:

I would go with the MXT All Pro. It has a very good prospecting mode, and is a good general purpose detector. The VX3 is a good general purpose detector, but I don't think it is that great for prospecting.

I would think running in the 22 frequency it should be able to find the gold. I may be wrong about that . Jmo. GS

Hello St Bernard,

I have read your posts in several forums, and we have chatted about the subject.

On the MXT Forum, you said you "have a new MXT coming soon". If you did indeed get that MXT, you should have all you need. It's a great multi-use detector, with a VERY good nugget hunting program. I really don't think you would gain much with the VX3 in terms of nugget hunting, over the MXT, even with it's 22khz frequency. IF you did get that MXT, give it a chance.

If you ask this question on the prospecting forum, you can probably get a better explanation, but my understanding is that the MXT has the same ground tracking system that is used on their gold prospecting metal detectors, so it handles the bad ground where gold is usually found better.

Your absolutely correct JEF.

The MXT prospecting mode is pretty much the same feature set as my GMT. The only real difference is, the GMT ground balance can also be manually adjusted, in addition to the tracking, ground grab and lock abilities. And the frequencies are obviously different with the current model MXT at 14 khz, and the GMT at 48 khz.