Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

vx3 newbie

I am new owner of a sweet VX3. I got this MD in trade and would like some advise on extras I might need? I have 950 coil. I can't wait to start swinging!! Any tips or videos would be great. I plan on using the preset programs till I get some time under my belt with this machine.
wish me luck!

Koz

Wait until you use it before buying extras. Go slow. You have all you need for now.

Good luck to you Koz! I'll be getting my "new/used" unit in next week. I know I will need a ton of help too. It's so good to know that knowledgeable folks with this unit are just an email away. Again...good luck and happy hunting!

Charles

I'll be getting one, too. Maybe having a "new" machine will motivate me to get out and go digging. All other motivational issues seem to have failed recently. I tend to "slack off" when I go many times without finding anything to keep the 'drive" up. :cheers:

awesome machine. I am heading out today! Looking to hit local tot lot to gain some experience with the MD. Wish me luck.:cheers:

Rob has given you some very good advice. Get out there and put some time in before going coil crazy... I have many additional coils but I find that I seldom switch from the 10DD on my V3i.
I know you have the 950 and not the 10DD with the VX3. ... The 950 is a very capable coil and as you get to know how to use your machine you will discover the little tricks and techniques to get the most out of it......
At some point you may want to get a smaller coil if you find you are hunting in really trashy areas, but until then get to know your machine.

Happy Hunting....:detecting: