Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3 Tones

yowow#1

Hello :whites: V forum folks, I got a question about tones on my VX3, i like really the VX3 except for the tones, 1 OR 191. I was wondering if it would be possible to have my VX3 modified to the V3i tones. i don't want to make my VX3 a V3i, but would really like the tone options of the V3i. I know this a question for Whites but thought i would see what the folks on the :whites: V forum thought? I would love my VX3 just the way it is with the V3i tone options. :whites::shrug: Thanks.

This forum, The V3 / V3i / VX3 Forum is as stale as 30 day old bread. no insult meant, just wondering why very few post on this forum?

I can't answer your question about stale as bread. Right now I own 3 detectors and 2 are not Whites. Nothing is happening on any of the 3 forums. Post more and it won't be so stale. You really haven't posted much like most of the people who are lurking, that is reading but not posting. If people don't post or contribute, Well !!! I do my best?

As far as your question, the VX3 is what it is and no changes are available.

Rob (IL), My earlier post wasn't meant to be an insult to anyone, especially to you, You are a great wealth of information on this forum. My Apology if i offended you..... I could have directed my question straight to whites, but i thought i would contribute a post to the V forum on my thoughts about my VX3 tones, And because this forum does seem to lack a little energy. "I Just thought i might contribute a post".

Everybody is either out hunting or hunkered down next to the air conditioner...... Supposed to get to 105 here by Tuesday :surprised: I will be headed for the cooler.....:cheers:

I'm not insulted. It takes more bakers working to make fresh bread.

:wiggle:I was thinking i could write WHITES a letter a day 'everyday'..... Maybe then they might consider changing the VX3 terrible tone options to the really great V3i tone options?:twodetecting:

Good luck with that. :whites:

I AGREE!!

The VX3 tone setup sucks. 1 - 191 ??.......... not much to choose from, there.

It's the one thing that spoils a great detector, in my opinion, & is nothing short of annoying!

I like the 4 tones on my XT 705 better, & that's why it has become my "go to" detector! (which is a shame).

:sadwalk:

Guys the tones were non changeable when you bought your VX3 detectors. I have always mentioned, in my posts, the lack of options for changing tones and always running in correlate as the top two reasons I would get a V3i.

Still there are people running the 191 tones just as they came on there V3i detectors. Everyone has an opinion and yours has been noted. Remember, I wasn't a secret. :poke:

Rob (IL) said:
Guys the tones were non changeable when you bought your VX3 detectors. I have always mentioned, in my posts, the lack of options for changing tones and always running in correlate as the top two reasons I would get a V3i.

Still there are people running the 191 tones just as they came on there V3i detectors. Everyone has an opinion and yours has been noted. Remember, I wasn't a secret. :poke:

Thanks Rob (IL) for answering the posts, I really like the VX3, but hate the 1 or 191 tones. It is my fault, because when i bought the detector i didn't ask enough about the tones. Honestly, it never crossed my mind that they would be so bad. But because i like the V detectors, i'll probably trade it on a V3i. Thanks & HH

Sorry, wish you had known about the tones. Good luck with your detecting.

I've had to have a "re-think" about this tone problem.

My DFX has 191 tones only.This can't be changed either, & I always ran it in correlate.

It never bothered me with the DFX, so I have to wonder why it is such a problem for me with the VX3.?? :confused:

I guess I'll have to take both machines out & see if there is a difference somehow.

I might even have to retract my initial reaction & :surrender: