Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3 What is the best setup for finding deep coins?

Well don't know about anyone else but I use hi pro program. Disc Sen at 83 AM 65 and sensitivity at 7 but my ground is pretty crappy, Recovery delay 60. Hope this helps good luck and happy hunting

THis is what I use and works good here in southern cal. RX-9, am sensitivity 100, disc sen. 75, audio volume 60, threshhold 24, modulation 2, recovery delay 55. Of course you might have to adjust for your soil. Al

I say use the settings that work for you BUT some of the settings seem ODD to me. I have given the advice to not changes settings unless you know why you made them. I'd like to hear why some of the settings that were posted were set to what they are.

If you are just getting a Vx3, stick with the factory settings until you know what they do, it will go pretty darned deep as is. I'm curious as to the low Rec. delay settings you fellas are running... Personally, I usually run up the gain til it becomes unstable, then back down a bit, then the same with Sens. but I try to keep the recovery delay higher unless it's really trashy... You have a few options here... I like the regular coin mode cranked a bit, which I guess would be Hi-Pro... Mixed mode is cool but gives me a bit of audio fatigue fairly quick, so I'm working with it, albeit slowly. You can also run the Deep Silver Program.. personally I like to run in mult. freq.......Nice things about these machines, you have options!!

The Basic Settings for deeper stuff that work in MY area... Coin Program Gain 12 Sens. 80-90 Rec. Delay 80-100 All metal 75 Threshold 4 Autotrack

Another question similar to this, yesterday i tested with a coin buried at six inches and i tried with filters to see where i could hear it more clear but i found out that in analyze screen polar plot actually the lines where flat and the one into the other. Similar to junk. Is there a way we could set the detector to teach it in other way to get that target even if it's junk as good and the lines in polar plot to be straight? I mean if we could adjust to straightened those lines?

Uploading photos helps a lot when talking about patterns on screens.

You must not use Coins Mode to get deep coins. You must use Coin and Jewelry. I noticed this very early and contacted Whites who told me Coins mode was for Beginners so tweek your Coin and Jewelry mode and Lock in your Ground Balance so that your Auto does not tune out when you lay down your detector to dig.