Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VX3

daddyflea

I am enjoying my VX3. I finally got a Sunray Probe for it and for some reason I dont think it has the depth of my Etrac but I just plain enjoy hunting with it. I really got frustrated with the V3i.

I am finding some good coins with it except for Indians. No Indians so far. I am wondering about coils. My 4X6 seems to get as much depth as the 6X10 but the ground coverage is so much better with the 6X10. Which coil are you using on your V?

Here’s a hint deep zincs on the Vx3 are probably old wheats or IHP’s. Mine read just like a wheat but VDI in the high 80’s to low 90’s. If you want to find a specific target put it on the ground and see what your machine tells you. Good luck

I too enjoy my Vx3 I just took the DX-1 off the V3i and put it on the vX3 I think I will like that set up much more now I just have to wait until spring we have a two feet of snow on the ground now.

daddyflea said:
I am enjoying my VX3. I finally got a Sunray Probe for it and for some reason I dont think it has the depth of my Etrac but I just plain enjoy hunting with it. I really got frustrated with the V3i.

I am finding some good coins with it except for Indians. No Indians so far. I am wondering about coils. My 4X6 seems to get as much depth as the 6X10 but the ground coverage is so much better with the 6X10. Which coil are you using on your V?

You do realize vx3 and v3i are the same machine just vx3 has less features but anyone who can use vx3 can use a v3i.

Just saying.

The v is deep, just need the right settings . Could be your coil, Rx, try running in 5 band pass, and 60-80 on recovery.

Zinc Penny said:

You do realize vx3 and v3i are the same machine just vx3 has less features but anyone who can use vx3 can use a v3i.

Just saying.

Oh Yeah I had a V3i and got tired of the adjustments and sold it. Like the VX3 much better.

Daddyflea, I use the 6x10 but always have the 4x6 handy (with a lower rod, for fast change) if I encounter heavy trash. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel said:
Daddyflea, I use the 6x10 but always have the 4x6 handy (with a lower rod, for fast change) if I encounter heavy trash. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I have a mxt that I use the 6x10 on great coil but pinpointing is very bad with it. Its always multiple inches off on the depth. I'm waiting for that machine to come back from repairs as a cat knocked it over and broke the machine.

daddyflea said:

Just saying.

Oh Yeah I had a V3i and got tired of the adjustments and sold it. Like the VX3 much better.

yeah, and the vx3 is just as capable you wont be lacking any depth :) as long as you learn what the machine is telling you. You will do well. I really enjoy my v3i its a great machine and I had put it up for trade but decided that I am not going to sell it anymore.

Zinc Penny said:

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

I have a mxt that I use the 6x10 on great coil but pinpointing is very bad with it. Its always multiple inches off on the depth. I'm waiting for that machine to come back from repairs as a cat knocked it over and broke the machine.

I seem to be getting as good depth with my little 4X6 as I do with the 6X10????