Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Walked the creek after the flood

So after the waters receded, I went out to see what it may have stirred up. My friend came down to do the dirty work because I was taking the pics. As you will see, we found a heart breaker. We found lots of other shards of glass, pottery, and of course, nails.

Thanks for looking!

~Sis digger

Nice photos--Sorry about any destruction that may have occurred--Did you find any old collectible bottles & such? Some things get uncovered & others get covered again! Ma

the pics I posted are the best finds so far. We found lots of broken glass and pottery shards. It's just too cold for me to get into digging. This cold spring is ridiculous. A year ago I was sweating at a track meet. My friends and I walked it again today. We didn't find anything significant. I guess that round thing is a saddle cinch ring. I was so happy when it was ID'd. That is the second one of those I found. All the bottles in my avatar were found in the creek. Actually, two creeks. I did break a huge bottle last year. :rage:

I need to make a list of what I have and post it.

that looks like a great place to find treasure. I will be at the local big antique bottle show next weekend. I will see bottles there from $1 - $10,000. I will be working the show but always try to find a couple neat inexpensive ones to add to the collection.

My friend and I have been trying to get into those bottle shows. Last year I woke up with the stomach flu. This year we had nasty weather. The closest one is in Muncie, IN.
It's advertised as a fruit jar show, so I don't know how much bottles would actually be there. :shrug: We really want to learn more about these bottles. I'm going to make a list of what I have. The one I think is the most desirable in my collection is an Eastman Kodak.

There is always good stuff to be found on a creek or river bank. I hope you find lots of goodies.

One of the best around. Thousands of bottles with dealers from many states. You could make the trip up? I will be working a metal detecting booth with a good friend.

I already have commitments for this weekend. Maybe next year?
Can you take pics and post them so I can see what I missed?

Are you looking for any specific bottles? Be happy to look for you.

n/t