Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Walker

hatpin

I havent hunted much this year . Got out for about thirty minutes today in a tiny old city yard . Dug up a few new pennies and a dime . This one spot I dug three pieces of aluminum siding and heard a 4th signal . I almost left it but the sound was mellower so went ahead and dug it . Was I surprised . Only the 3rd silver half I have found and they have all been Walkers . I used the Vaquero with stock coil . Balanced neutral , sens half way in the red , threshold a solid hum and disc set at the mark past tab .

Congratulations.
One day, for sure, I'm gonna dig me up a Walker.

I dont even know how deep it was . The ground was very black and loose and it was in the loose dirt . I'm guessing 4 to 5 inches .

The 2 Halfs I found awhile back were maybe 6" -7". I don't know How I and others missed it as place been hunted a lot with other units? Something to these Tesoros.

That's awesome hatpin! And a great looking one as well. There have been quite a few halves turned up this year by the mighty Tesoro's out there.

Rich -

I know it seems like Tesoro's are hot on Half dollars for some reason? Up until the ones I found it been 2 Years since I found one?

After reading that I think I might take my Vaquero out later today as I have located an older site that might possibly hold a small keeper or two.

I've used many different brands, changing up when there has been significant progress in a new offering, but I always maintain a few of my all-time favorite Tesoro's. I'd easily bet that since I started using Tesoro's in mid-'83, at least half, and more likely 75% of all the silver halves I have recovered were when I had a Tesoro in-hand.

You said you used the 'stock' search coils, but there are actually two 'stock' search coils. The original Vaquero on to today's gray-rod version comes with the 8X9 Concentric spoked coil, while the newer 'black' rod version Vaquero comes with the new 8X11 RSD open-frame Double-D coil. So I'll guess you might be referring to the 8X9 Concentric, right? Do you have a smaller coil for trashier sites? If not, you might want to consider adding that 'edge' to the Tesoro Vaquero's performance.

Monte

Nice find Hat Pin. It has been many years since I found a half.
Do you know why we don't find more of them.
Maybe because they were much heavier than dimes and pennies. They would not fall out of your pocket as easy.
KEN

Monte : "You said you used the 'stock' search coils, but there are actually two 'stock' search coils. The original Vaquero on to today's gray-rod version comes with the 8X9 Concentric spoked coil, while the newer 'black' rod version Vaquero comes with the new 8X11 RSD open-frame Double-D coil. So I'll guess you might be referring to the 8X9 Concentric, right? Do you have a smaller coil for trashier sites? If not, you might want to consider adding that 'edge' to the Tesoro Vaquero's performance. "

I have the older black 8 x 9 . I do have a smaller Concentric but only use it when I have to .

Congrats, last one I found , while digging clad, I put a nice scar on it with my probe. It happens. Very nice job.