Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Want To See Yourself In 30 Years.

D&P-OR said:
Whad'ya mean in 30 years??? Wherd'ya find that current picture of me??? ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA LOL...........................

Let me check my fingers. 30 years on top of almost 75. Nah the picture doesn't even come close to what I will look like in 30 years. Now if you happen to see me out detecting that picture just might be a very good description.

In thirty years I will be "on the wrong side" of the grass. :thumbup:

In 30 years time I'll be 269...or I might as well be when I think about what my residence will look like. Until then, I'll keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best.:heh:

Seriously, I feel sorry for those detecting in 30 years.

Billions and billions of zinc cents will have been dropped by then, each one worthless, many cracked, disfigured, crappy looking. I hope the government is proud of these pieces of ----.

Silver will be that much harder to find. A couple years ago my friends could find 100 silvers a year, and I, who detected much less than they did, might get close to 20. This year I have 5.

"Stranger danger" will be much more real than it is now.

A good detector will cost more than $2000. Maybe it will be lighter than the ones we use now, and maybe more powerful, but honestly, who wants to dig very many 14" holes to find clad dimes?

I think the "golden age" of detecting was a number of years ago. Old timers tell me about finding virgin parks and fields and finding silver coins with virtually every other swing.

The "silver age" was more recently, and I think we're still in it, but it's coming to an end.

30 years from now, detecting will still be fun and challenging. People can find modern clad and lost jewelry, and every now and then, a yard we missed, but I think it's going to be tough to find much that's old.

Hope I'm wrong.

Mike