Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

War Nickel with hole in edge.

Foiled

Dug up the silver nickel and found a hole in it, weird, how would it get there, if it was for jewelry it seems it would be in a different place because if you hung it on a chain it would hang at a weird angle, doesn't look like a bit would have made that hole.

Nice That's weird maybe a bad die? I found an s war nickle today!

Mkus said:
Nice That's weird maybe a bad die? I found an s war nickle today!

Yep, I cannot tell. That's cool, war nickels seem to be everywhere, I've found a couple. I never even thought about them really until I started detecting more and now I'm looking at dates more on them.

It might be a magic trick or spy coin

Nice find

Some can be worth good money for a nickel!

Neat find an a bit of a mystery

It could maybe be the start of a "squirting nickel" but it would require a brass plate on the back and more machining done