Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

War Nickle & SEF8X6

daddyflea

I just got back from my Dailey Hunt. I did not find anything good today, but I did come to the conclusion that my DX-1 in line with the V3i does not like my SEF 8X6 coil. I started the place I am currently hunting with my 4X6 shooter and found so many coins I got tired of digging them. After I got most of them dug out I decided to go back with a deeper coil and see what I could find, so I took the SEF to give it a try. The SEF was very chatty and at times just unuseable. I lowered the Sensativity on RX and Discr to less than half and got the same thing. I raised my filters as high as they would go and still too chatty for me. I did notice I was right under some electrical wires. I decided to just get a good test. I drove back home and got my 6X10 Eclipse and went back to the same spot. I was able to run a 10 Band Pass filter with 75% Sensativity and still swing fairly quick. Found a bunch of clad coins mostly dimes but nothing old.

Yesterday I found a War Nickle a 1943D and a 1944 Wheat. The War Nickle showed up as a Zinc Penny. If I remember right it came in as a 58 at 6" down. I posted these in the Todays finds section but it was taken down. Not sure why except maybe I did not post a picture. A picture of a totally black coin did not seem sensible to me. I soaked it over night in Peroxide and it looks like this is as good as it will get.

Had to ammend this Post. Seems I did not look close enough. I thought this was a dime and it turns out to be a St Christopher

I had the same problem, my gold ring post was taken down. Congratulations on the silver, I haven't found a silver coin yet this year.

morpho79 said:
Try using the SEFcoil with the 2.5 or 7.5 kHz only and see if that makes a difference in stability.

Never thought about try that.