Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Warming Up My C$

ALOW1

I took my C$ out just now. I put my first hour of use on it. Its alot different machine than my CZ7 is. I went to a park a block from here just to warm it up a bit, I stayed out till my fingers and toes were numb as it is really windy out here and cold in Iowa still.

OK now lets see........

Sensitivity: 3

Disc: 99

Thresh: 99

Volume: 4

While searching there was a solid block next to all the notches, which if I remember right means it will accept those targets?

Ok now what did I find?

a Wrigleys Extra gum wrapper, the foil package that holds the sticks of gum.

Two Miller Genuine Draft Caps (Too bad the full bottles were not hooked to them)

Two Sparkler wires, the sparklers had already been burnt :( :( I could of used them to warm up.

One lip of a pop can, the little lip that folds in on the can when you open it.

And a Thumbtack :(

No clad, no pennies, no nothing cool.

The machine seems real stable and so far I like it, I need to get more familiar with it though.........

iron descrimination 99, make very sure that items you want to find are notched in. I usually notch all of them in unless I'm in a real trashy site and want to notch out pulltabs. But if you do this, you will mostlikely lose some gold targets. Best thing to do is run it low & slow and watch the display for good targets and start diggin.

I thought I had Thresh set at -20 but I guess not. Every time you turn it off I assume the Thresh resets itself? I never even looked at the settings at the park, I just turned it on ground balanced it and went with it. I only planned on being out 30 minutes or so just because I want to "play" with it a bit.

Another thing, when I pass the coil over a target and it gives me numbers on the display, sometimes I noticed like a 8-21 as an example. Do I go with the high number or the lower number when refeering to the chart as what it could be or do I assume it could be anything from 8- 21?

The pinpointing system didnt seem like it worked very well when I was out in the park.........

But after looking in the owners manual high numbers mean its in the center. I'm so used to pin pointing with my CZ7 and having a strong tone and then a 01 meaning I got something I dont have to dig deep for, these past few weeks with the ground being mostly frozen its hard to dig deep so i been going shallow.

In the park pin pointing with the C$ a 01 while pin pointing is not a good thing.

upon shut down, so once you find something you like, you can keep it right there. I set-up a newbie I work with on 5, -25 & he has never even moved it. So that is a good all around setting for all places. Pinpointing you really have to forget the CZ's VCO style & try to understand the C$ way with an open mind. Once learned, looking for that highest #, etc, you will find it's alot more accurate, & also you will be able to tell the objects size too. Practice, practice, practice :)
HH, Bill

lets say, from 8 to 21 or 10 to 23 it is mostlikely picking up two seperate targets at once. Now if you hit a tagert that jumps from like 22 to 23 then it's mostlikely a single target. Make sure when you GB, that there is no metal around within 3 feet. I always GB in all-metal then go back to descrimination mode after the ground balance. But, I'm more of a novice, Bill & Tony are more like Coinstrike Guru's.

it's easier then the CZ's and probably one of the best pinpoint setups on most any detector as far as accuracy goes.

it does make it more stable if you find it wanting to chatter own you. Also while learning the machine, you may want to try descriminating out tabs & even zinc cents which will give you a chance to focus on the high tones and silver, then once you start becoming familiar with the tones, then notch in those areas that have been notched out and rock & roll.

for some if not most, there is a 40-50 hours learning curve on the C$ before you really start pickin up what the C$ is puttin down.

[quote mtdoramike]it does make it more stable if you find it wanting to chatter own you. Also while learning the machine, you may want to try descriminating out tabs & even zinc cents which will give you a chance to focus on the high tones and silver, then once you start becoming familiar with the tones, then notch in those areas that have been notched out and rock & roll.[/quote]

Next time out I am going to notch out all the settings nut probley zinc. I thought I had everything all notched out as all the squares were black but I guess I had that backwards.

The machine was VERY stable while using it but I guess thats what you get when thresh is at 99.....lol....

I will back my thresh down and go with the 525 for a while and see what happens.

Its 59 out today, I get off of work at 10pm and will get home around 10:30, hope its still nice out as me and a friend will probley go beeping.

Tomorrow I have a day off but they are talking 42 outside with snow tomorrow night :( Theres a beach about 15 miles from here we wanted to go play on, looks like I am going out in the woods for some trail hunting, probley what we will do tonight too.

Thanks for all the suggestions everbody!

I also have the C$ TIP$ & TROUBLE$HOOTING GUIDE by Bill Ladd- thanks Bill :) That I am going to read here at work before I go home, so things should still be fresh in my mind.

I'll post again and let you all know how things went.

A couple of questions ......

How many of you seach with the ground tracking feature on?

I'm not aware of any drastic ground changing here in Iowa where I am at, but is it better to leave this option on, or doesnt it really matter?

Also, Numeric I.D. Averaging.........

How many of you turn that on and how many of you turn it off?

Thanks in adavance!

OK, me and a buddy went out after I got off of work. We went to a local State park here in town and did some trail walking in the woods. It was a great time, I think we both had a blast, nice and dark in the woods and the only light we were using were we each had 2-AA battery flashlights, thats how we usually do it. We walked around the middle of the woods on some trails, suprising how many animals we saw, I think I saw 2 rabbits. We left the park after hearing a pack of dogs getting closer to us, they were really starting to get loud so we took a short cut and just headed in the general direction of the car which ended up taking about 5 minutes to walk into the open. We went to a corner on the road and did alittle detecting there and I found a couple of dimes, he found a penny.

Anyways the tally for the night, the first night using my C$. I went with the 525 setting, notched everything out, disc of 99.....

That baby was stable, I dug very little trash, 2 old cans and one 7up screw on lid.

I didnt find anything good but so far I am really liking this machine over my CZ7.

OK I got a 1995,1984,2000,1966 quarters, 1974,2002,1982 dimes, 2005,1976,1983,1997,1981 pennys......

That was the take for the night.

we detected from about 11pm-3am, 4 hours in the woods, didnt find anything fantastic but still a GREAT time with a new machine. I think me and the C$ are going to become great friends in the future.

Thanks.... Theres going to be more to come :)

[quote Hawkeye Jim]What part of Iowa are you from??? Hawkeye Jim.[/quote]

Jim, I am in Clinton.