Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Warranty Concerns

berryman

I'm the second owner of an R1 that's still under warranty. The coil bolt on my unit recently broke, so I contacted MetalDetectors.com to see if I could get it replaced under warranty. I was told that I would have to pay for the new bolt, both because I didn't buy my Racer from them and because I wasn't the original owner. This is contrary to what I've been led to believe in reading posts on this forum dealing with warranty questions.

My first question is - are Makro Racer warranties transferable or not? My second question is - are Makro warranties only honored by the retailer responsible for the original unit sale? Please clarify.

Contact dilek.
She's the rep from nokta/makro.
I had a similar issue and she swifty took care of it all the way from Turkey.
Look under one of the posts by her "noktadetectors" for her email.
She will take care of you and you can see about if you need to transfer the warranty.
As long as you have the warranty card and it's filled about when it was purchased and where it should be valid.
But email her directly and she will help.

dilek@noktadetectors.com

Mike, that's a simple thing that I'd be glad to help with.

If you have the original Racer, the coil bolt was probably the regular looking type with matching head and nut ends and had the hollow center bolt. Those did have a problem. I would be glad to send you one of those, if you'd like, or better still, I'll send you one of the newer 'lever handle' bolts like they have supplied with current Racers and that they have used with the Nokta FORS series models. This is the excellent bolt package I use on all my Makro and Nokta detectors.

Simply e-mail me your mailing address and I'll get it in the mail to you, no problem.

You can e-mail me at either of these addresses: monte@ahrps.org - or - monte@stinkwaterwells.com

Monte

Is that great service or what??-----It's SUPER GREAT!!:thumbup:
Nokta Detectors said:
Hello. Just an update - Mike did contact me and he received his replacement.
He can also confirm that.

Mike, did you receive the bolt assembly I sent you?

It might have been one of the earlier levered bolts I had from a Nokta CoRe package I got for my oldest son, and those from Dilek might bee the newer bolt version like I have on newer Makro Racer and Nokta FORS models.

The earlier bolts had a coarser [size=small](more spaced)[/size] threading, and the threading wasn't quite as long as the newer bolts that have finer threading [size=small](closely spaced)[/size] and a light increase in thread length on the bolt shaft.

Also, the original bolts were a little thicker. You had to use a little oomph to work them through the gaskets and rod, while the newer bolts, being slightly thinner, slide right through without a problem. They feel a little loose or wobbly at first, but when snugged up to mount the coil they are tight and hold just fine.

Now you're set to get another coil or two and mount to spare rods. :detecting:w/5½" DD :detecting:w/5½X10 DD :detecting:w/7X11 standard DD

Monte

Too bad you can't now edit your first post to "NO Warranty Concerns" :clapping: I have to say that Makro/Notka have jumped to the top of any other detector company when it comes to customer satisfaction IMO. Who else monitors the forums and directly contacts their customers? They took care of me the same way when I had a coil issue with my first Racer.

The OP should at least post them some good feedback on the Feedback Forum now.
Tom Slick said:
Too bad you can't now edit your first post to "NO Warranty Concerns" :clapping: I have to say that Makro/Notka have jumped to the top of any other detector company when it comes to customer satisfaction IMO. Who else monitors the forums and directly contacts their customers? They took care of me the same way when I had a coil issue with my first Racer.

Glad it worked out :)
Dilek really moves fast :)
Happy hunting!!