Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Warranty on T2+

wildbill!!

Has anyone on this forum ever had to send a detector back to Teknetics for warranty repairs? I had first sent emails about my problem and received no reply so I decided to call them and finally got a service tech on the phone after calling 3 times and leaving my name and number and never getting a call back. I registered my machine on the Teknetics website in 2020 for the 5 year warranty after I purchased it but evidently you need to have the receipt, fortunately I have that but I'm already getting a bad vibe on this warranty repair. Just wondering what kind of experiences any of you have had with First Texas/ Teknetics.

My Omega 8500 bought second hand had a problem with the pinpoint switch. I emailed Fisher Labs and asked what it would cost to buy the front display. They said they didn't sell part but gave me a number to send it in and if that was the only problem that they would fix it free. And they did! Turnaround was very fast and the scratched up front display was replaced with a new one. I guess technically this wasn't a warranty repair because I have no idea how old the detector or who the original purchaser is but I was more than satisfied. Is this another Tesoro ending? Maybe so, Tesoro also repaired detectors for free. Is that bad? Maybe if people keep badmouthing them like they did Tesoro, they will shut down too. Then we can either buy a Garrett or send some more of our money and manufacturing overseas. You know, like we have done with China.

My Omega 8500 bought second hand had a problem with the pinpoint switch. I emailed Fisher Labs and asked what it would cost to buy the front display. They said they didn't sell part but gave me a number to send it in and if that was the only problem that they would fix it free. And they did! Turnaround was very fast and the scratched up front display was replaced with a new one. I guess technically this wasn't a warranty repair because I have no idea how old the detector or who the original purchaser is but I was more than satisfied. Is this another Tesoro ending? Maybe so, Tesoro also repaired detectors for free. Is that bad? Maybe if people keep badmouthing them like they did Tesoro, they will shut down too. Then we can either buy a Garrett or send some more of our money and manufacturing overseas. You know, like we have done with China.
Picketwire, I'm sending the machine back on Tuesday. I have all the documentation they require for proof of purchase. I hope this will have a happy ending and I'll be able to say what a great company Teknetics is and that they honor their warranty. I guess we'll see.

I just got my machine back today, they had it for about three weeks. They replaced the coil and re-coated the circuit board. I put it all back together and it seems to be working fine, can't wait to take it hunting and see how it does. I'm pleased with the repair, Teknetics honors their warranty, no problem! they also threw in a new coil bolt and a couple of cable ties.