Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Warranty

Nomad NJ

I have a 1225X that stopped working. According to my manual I have a lifetime warranty. I sent an email to Fisher. Does anyone know if I am still covered.

Nomad NJ said:
I have a 1225X that stopped working. According to my manual I have a lifetime warranty. I sent an email to Fisher. Does anyone know if I am still covered.

No! First Texas does NOT honor the older Fisher warranties!
Its NOT covered, now its possible they may be able to repair it and they could for free but not due to any warranty, so, expect to pay for any repairs done to it.

Mark

I contacted Fisher last week. I received a message to provide my serial number. I was informed that my unit was still under warranty. I would have to pay a $25 service and pay for shipping. But my unit being so old may not have the parts to fix it. I am not going to send it in and take a chance on it being repaired. I

Nomad NJ said:
I contacted Fisher last week. I received a message to provide my serial number. I was informed that my unit was still under warranty. I would have to pay a $25 service and pay for shipping. But my unit being so old may not have the parts to fix it. I am not going to send it in and take a chance on it being repaired. I

What would be nice is to get 'Consistent' responses from the service department at First Texas! over the past few years on this forum the question about the lifetime warranty has come up before and when First Texas was contacted the answer was NO!
Mark

I guess that I am lucky. I am not going to spend any more money on this machine.It paid for itself over the 1st years that I owned it.It was my first machine. I own a Tesoro vag which has a lifetime waranty which I hope is better than Fisher.
I

Nomad NJ said:
I guess that I am lucky. I am not going to spend any more money on this machine.It paid for itself over the 1st years that I owned it.It was my first machine. I own a Tesoro vag which has a lifetime waranty which I hope is better than Fisher.
I
If you bought the Tesoro NEW! then the lifetime warranty is good!

Mark

I did.