Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Warthog, checking in......

warthog

Been a while.....We had a great trip to Mackinaw for our anniversary, but: I REALLY overdid it, trying to get back in shape for walking on Mackinaw Island and to see Tahquamenon Falls....WAAYY overdid it on Mackinaw island, to the point I didn't get to walk to Tahquamenon Falls, and do as much detecting I wanted to do, BUT, I made it out into Mullett Lake, the oldest Michigan State Park beach, at Aloha State Park, where we camped. it's never let me down: I found 2 Wheat pennies from 1944, a 1974 Washington quarter and a real old pocketknife....This beach goes back to the early 1900's, and the sand bottom is littered with nails, bolts, screws, etc, from many years of docks, but it still gives up 'the good stuff', too......Tomorrow, we are going to get wet in Lake Michigan, supposed to be in the 80's and humid again,, taking advantage of the lack of 'after Labor Day' crowds and the good weather to get 'nostril deep' looking for goodies, before the warm weather door shuts for the year....

Always nice to hunt new areas even if they may have been done by others. Fresh air....relaxation...and the company of the Lord....can't be beat!