Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Warthog Steve here, I'm over on Christian metal detectorists, and....

warthog

Being that this is the 'other hobbies' forum, is there anyone here, that does 'magnet fishing', in lakes or rivers??? I've just ordered me a nice disc neodymium magnet in a holder with a eyebolt on top, and 50 foot of parachord, from Amazon. Magnet is about 2-1/2 " in diameter, and with a 255bs. (!!) pull rating....my FIRST retrieval will be from a river that our road crosses over, about 1/4 mile from our house. I was down there last week and was watching the carp swimming thru, when I spotted a pair of sunglasses on the bottom: Someone leaned over da bridge, KERPLUNK!! went the shades.....There is no practical way to get in this river to detect. Besides, there are numerous BIIIIG snapping turtles in there, along with I would imagine leeches, and BIIIG black water snakes I've seen(Can you imagine one of them things swimming into your wet suit or shorts??):blink::(…...NO TELLING, what I may find, besides those sunglasses!!!

Well , it's been a while since you've posted. How did your fishing trip turn out ? Me and a buddy tried it a few times. Got a couple of pocket knives and fishing lures. Was trying it one time at a boat ramp , was out on the end of the dock, every time we would get close to the dock the magnet would grab something. It kept pulling loose, but whatever it was , it was heavy , and the magnet would pull loose. Finally , we got a good lock on it , we were pulling so hard we thought we'd lose our magnets. We finally got it to start pulling up , the magnet got hooked on the item. When we finally got it up ,,,,it was a shopping cart.