Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Was checking out Craigslist for deal and found

George-CT

this little gem. Hardly used, husband had passed away and she was hiring people in to maintain the lawn so saw no point in keeping it..... I can't beleive some of the deals on Craigslist. Bargains galore. A ton of once used generators on there from the storm a few weeks ago..... Some cheap, some priced way over new over the counter so they must of paid a premium to get one truck in during storm..... Anyhow, this one made my day. Runs perfect and easier on the back than the other one.....

George-CT

n/t

n/t

This is the hydrotranny...real easy enjoyable mower. Pedal for forward and backwards. My wife likes it also.... It has the 14hp motor in it. Seems to do all I ask of it just fine. I like the 38" cut as it still fits between all the lovely rocks Connecticut has...If I go wider, there is a lot of spots I have to go back and spend time with the weed wacker.... Had a 42inch Toro. Wider cut for sure but kept me out of a lot of the backwoods lots here we use. I really like the way the deck is easy off and on on the JD stuff. Sure makes sharping blades and cleaning it a lot easier.... I wanted the 22hp one, but it was 42 inch. All I'm using it on is grass, no plowing or adding on any attachments to it....But now I see I need the armrest and umbrella...It has the beer holder....LOL.... Parts for these are a lot less money than the Toro's also...big difference.... Don't look like we will be cutting much longer, they are calling for temps in 30's tonight...Unusual but maybe it will kill off or driveway some of the gnats. Bad year for gnats.....To much rain.....

George-CT

To good of a price on it to pass it up..... Was cutting with it the other day in one of the big lots and putting up lots of bugs, grasshoopers...It looked like something from Alfred Hitchcock The Birds as I had barn swallows just about hitting me diving in getting the bugs. I enjoy that....Like little F-16's coming in on ya for bugs. Anything that eats bugs is good with me.. George-CT

a bit bigger than the one you have. Along with 3 Cat skid-steers, 2 wood chippers, about 25- 4' X 8' flat bed tracking trailers, 2 spray rigs, a electric golf cart, 4 chain saws. So I keep pretty busy keeping everything running right! The new chipper we bought a couple months is like no chipper you have seen before! Here are a couple pics of the "chippers" inside it. Sorta like the blades on a sickle mower were.

DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN0828.jpg

DSCN0827.jpg

DSCN0831.jpg

I've never seen a wood chipper like that. What are the chipping with it where you are? I was just looking at a used Valby disk chipper to run off the pto of the 584 international....No commercial work, just here on the ranch. As we slow up now, I'm just trying to make it easy to keep the place open. What business do you have out there?

George-CT

Its a big palm tree nursery George. We grow Queen Palms, King Palms, Sago Palms, Roebellinni Palms, etc. About 50 acres of them. I do all the maintenance on the equipment, and drive truck maybe once a month. I live (the only one) right here, its a nice rural area, Google --417 Buena Creek Road, San Marcos, CA-- and you will see the nursery just south of the place mark on the computer.

n/t

saying possible frost tonight so we just covered whats left of some of the plants and garden. Last night made 41 degree's here..... Nice thought today, no gnats out. We still have hummingbirds at the feeders thought. With the cold coming I figured they would head south. Not sure what really triggers them to go. Temps, amount of sunlight, flowers all gone....could be all of them I guess...Sure like watching them....This year was the most we have ever had at the feeders....They would stack up around them waiting for a spot or blast into them and knock a few off.... Geo