Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Was considering the treasure pro but it does not seem to get much attention

bigtim1973

I like how it looks but the treasure series from whites seems like not many people are using them. I look at this thread often too. It has been out a little while now. Where are all the people using them? Would like to know your thoughts compared to other whites units. Please chime in

looks like to me if they were top notch in their class, there would be more talk about them. they do look nice. i would like to try one for just the weight difference over my old 1266x.

I have friend that uses one and he has 40 rings this year so far. He said it was a killer detector in parks. I see he post rings about every time he gose out.

tommygun said:
looks like to me if they were top notch in their class, there would be more talk about them. they do look nice. i would like to try one for just the weight difference over my old 1266x.

I agree and also kind of think the same as you. They just do not seem to be catching on. I like the display on them as well.

Flintstone said:
I have friend that uses one and he has 40 rings this year so far. He said it was a killer detector in parks. I see he post rings about every time he gose out.

Well I wish he would chime in here and give us some input

I have had a TPro for a couple of weeks now. I like it and it is a very versatile usable machine. The only flaw if you can call it that so far is the 10 inch DD coil does not seem to be that good in heavy trash. Comparing signals to a friend of mine using a AT-Pro was eye opening. He could pick up coins in trash with the AT-Pro that the TPro would not touch. Of course he was using Garrett's 5X8 coil so that made a difference. I am thinking of getting the smaller Prizm coil that will fit so I can work better in heavy park trash. Or maybe some of you have ideas for the best settings to use in heavy trash. Any info is appreciated.

Good day !
The detector is excellent, but the coil 10 DD is not very good. It should buy Detech WSS 10x5 S.E.F.  and the detector will turn into a beast!

I may not be an expert so take my report with a grain of salt. I used to own a White's Spectrum XLT and unfortunately I had to sell it because I needed cash. I recently got back into the hobby and bought the Treasure Pro and I am very impressed with the performance of the machine. It is light, responsive and it has enough programs for all of the detecting I do. Is it the best? Of course not but it does its job well and for a fairly reasonable price. The feel of the machine is quality and I am happy I chose to give it a shot. Kind of sad to hear that it hasn't caught on better.

I have had a TP for over a month now. To me it does not seem very good in trash. A small coil may make a difference. It is a nice light machine to use, but frankly I like my X-Terra 305 better. I am thinking of putting the TP in Classifieds for $300 and cutting my losses. Maybe I am just spoiled to Minelabs.

I think that the Garrett Ace series has overshadowed most other beginner detectors from talking to other people out in the field, as well as several metal detecting clubs. Me personally, I don't like the Ace series, and would rather have a Whites, or a Tesoro for ease of simplicity.

I had an Ace 350 and got rid of it about a month later, didn't like the audio. Would like to try a T Pro but it sounds like it may be a dud.

I'm picking one up to give it a try. Hoping it turns out to be a nice machine for quick grab-n-hunt situations. Worst case, I'll have a good detector for family or friends to use along with me!