Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Was thinking on another 8000 Omega ?

BarryL

But after seeing a post they are being phased out what will first Texas do on repair issues later down the road ? Like the Shadow X5 I hear they no longer do repair work on them either but they are much older so I can see that, but the Greek series being phased out is a tad different as they are a lot of these out there or would it be better to see what comes out after the first of the year?

I bought one earlier this year (my 3rd, in fact) and I feel repairs, if necessary, will be available for quite some time.But, just my opinion. HH jim tn

First Texas is still repairing 20+ year old machines that are sent in. I would think they will repair Greeks for a long time still.

First Texas Products of El Paso Texas makes Fisher, Teknetics and Bounty Hunter Detectors.

The “Greek Series “ Detectors are not discontinued. \

The Omega 8000 was replaced by the Omega 8500 earlier this year.

Omega 8000 detectors returned for warranty service will likely be replaced with OM 8500 detectors.

Barry, when you look at what you can get a new or lightly used 8000 for, you can't hardly go wrong.

I bought a lightly used V5 a couple of months ago for $175 shipped on the forum.

There was a glut of these on the market a little while back when FT was clearing out their excess stockpile before discontinuing them so prices have been driven down.

Thanks everyone It did seem strange when I read it I think I have decided to wait after ist of the year and see if any new comes from FT before I go with another Omega 8000 I really liked the one I had but sold it to my brother for his wife to use ...

I sent my 8000 in for repair and the sent me back an 8500. I didn’t ask, just got it back with the old coil, shaft with 8500 box. I’m not sure which I like better yet.

That sucks!---I'd rather have the 8000.-----Looks like they should have at least gave you a notice of what they were going to do.----Was your 8000 beyond repair?
digsgti said:
I sent my 8000 in for repair and the sent me back an 8500. I didn’t ask, just got it back with the old coil, shaft with 8500 box. I’m not sure which I like better yet.

They are unable to reparair most Omega 8000 issues due to lack of availability of key parts. Replacement with Omega 8500 is the remedy per the warranty.

Well that Sucks heard too many complaints from others on the 8500