Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wasted post

Donut

If everyone would jus give general information of where they are finding their finder.
Do not give out your hots spots.
I see so many wasted post with no information.
Heck I could post things out of s magazine and it would be the same.
We all come here and enjoy reading the post but it is a major let down when it’s a wasted post.
Also what detector would be nice.

Doug

see comments in my year end finds post.

Donut said:
If everyone would jus give general information of where they are finding their finder.
We all come here and enjoy reading the post but it is a major let down when it’s a wasted post.

Doug

I don't know how others feel but I don't care where someone finds something nor what detector they are using I'm here to see what they find... I hardly consider a post of someone finding an item buried for 100 or 200 years a wasted post because they don't say where it was found or what detector was used

Not sure what magazine is s magazine as the only one that may still be in publication is American Digger. The magazine articles had all the information you are requesting but the authors were paid more the longer the article was.

Ok , if everyone wants to make a big thing of it just show a pic with no explanation and that will keep everyone coming back

chuck said:
Not everyone has a way to post pictures.
that is true and fine .
But if someone tell or shows something they found I thought it would be nice just to know a little about it , I didn’t think I would ruffle so many feathers.

Donut said:

Doug
Talk about a wasted post.

Not going there .

LMFAO....no doubt about that!!!
ANYthing that the flood plain wants to drop on this forum or the others in MORE than welcome by 99.99999999%
of the reading audience......this is a FINDS forum, so his posting(as with ALL of his) are more than appropriate and well worth the read
might i suggest Doug that you go and get those backed up pipes of yours well cleaned out....and perhaps sit down with the hookah pipe over the weekend.....
life is farrrrrrr too short for such sour apples.....HAPPY new year Mr Smiley:smoke:

The literal description of this forum is "A place to post your finds photo's." Anything else is a bonus. Do the research for your area and you can post your pics, too. I would say 'Good Luck', but that would be an insult to those that do the required work.

I hope this doesn't make anybody angry, but I gotta say ...

... I see the original poster's viewpoint.

Here's just one more man's opinion.

Everything we detect, and we find and dig, has some history. There's a reason for it being there.

I dug a Seated Liberty half along a Massachusetts walking path going to and from an old shoe mill. Ladies made shoes there, during the Civil War and afterward. They worked there six days a week and earned $3.00 for a week's work. That Seated Liberty was a full day's wages, and it must have been a big deal when somebody got home or to a grocery store, and found it missing.

I dug a Minie Ball at a vacant lot in Florida. It was three miles from where a small Civil War skirmish was fought. Sure, there must have been Minies all around the known battle area --- but finding one three miles away? Was there a running battle, not recorded in the history books, for over three miles? Or did folks still shoot Minies through the 1870s and 1880s? Maybe for hunting? Law enforcement?

Just a picture of a Minie ball in a hole in the ground, or a picture of a Seated Liberty half sticking out of a plug, isn't the end of a story.

Our hobby has more adventure than that, and more discovery. We can sure explore it.

Again, it's an opinion. Not meant to offend anybody.

Cheers,

Joe

Again, no hard feelings meant.

Cheers,

Joe

Holy Cow! A simple suggestion by Donut. The guy might not ever post again.

Woody I sent you a private message here on findmall .
I think the original post has been pulled.

Your Friend
Doug

All I would ask is what continent a find came from. You can't swing a dead cat in Europe without hitting collectable relics and thousand year old coins.
Fact is a coin we would place in the center of our collection would be repurposed as seed, bait, in some of the UK pay to hunts. Right Chris?

g

I always enjoy the backstory and any other interesting things attached to anything that's found while detecting. For many, the thrill is in the hunt and the treasure found is icing on the cake! We are all different but the common denominator is we ALL love this great hobby of metal detecting!!!