Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Watch Fob

Explorer

Found this Caterpillar watch fob this last weekend on a heavily hunted lot. It shows that even the blind squirrel doesn't always find all the good nuts.:clapping:

n/t

Thanks Elton! It is always fun to find something with some history tied to it.

My dad had several old fobs like that, I would say it is from the early 50's

I found that same fob a couple years back. From what I can remember it dated as far back as the 30's. Yours is in nicer shape.

It is the first one I have found. One website stated that they were in popular use from the late 1800s till just after WWII when pocket watches became less common.

Judging from the pic that Caterpillar fob was in the middle 50's. Caterpillar wasn't even formed until the 20's

NormS said:
Judging from the pic that Caterpillar fob was in the middle 50's. Caterpillar wasn't even formed until the 20's

Cat used this watch fob for plenty of years however, the D7 was introduced in the late 30's and Cat started making this fob to highlight its flagship model.

So it could date back to the late 30's. Of course it still could have been made and dropped all the way up through the years. Thats all I have to say about this.:cheekkiss:

Great find Explorer! I'd rather dig a neat old watch fob like yours than a common date Walking Liberty Half! And congratulations on that being your FIRST fob! Incidently, my first watch fob was also a Caterpillar fob. I better check my truck for that dang "tracking device" that you obviously installed!:stars: Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel