Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

watch out...could get hooked on this hobby

A

Anonymous

From the land of the Bluenose....there was no way I was getting out of bed to go watch a parade! Had done my duty last night by being dragged down to the waterfront for 10 minutes of fireworks then spending an hour in traffic to get home so I suggested to Marie to go with her sisters. She promptly agreed saying she would be back soon.......right! After dishes, vacuuming, making the beds, making corn beef hash (her favorite) and punjabi choley( with peppers and onions) for tonights dinner as I'm on the 1800-0600 shift I realized that it was 1300 hours and that the early morning fog had burned off revealing a day that just keep on beconing this bouy to put on the cut offs and take the "Nest Tea Plunge." Too boot no Marie! So I loaded up the car and headed to the "dirty trio" loop of local lakes. Name comes not from garbage nor polluted water but by the people who frequent it.Sort of folks that would throw bottlecaps at you with the bottle still attached. Let's say I try to do these lakes in thunder storms rather then deal with the people who use them and leave it at that. They do produce though!
Anyway made it through all three lakes without incident and in the process removing some broken glass, fish hooks, bottle caps, cans and two sets of keys that I turned over to the life guards whom I'm sure have the patience of Jobe to deal with this lot.....................I know ; I used to patrol this area when on the police force! Finds for the day included a watch(took a licking and still not clicking), kid's ring and 48 coins totaling $8.98.
Returning home it was no surprise to just catch Marie coming in the door as she explained that her sisters and her had gone to the water front after the parade for a fish dinner and to view the tall ships. Some glad I wasn't invited!