Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Watch this video-Works like magic for me!!

Darkflight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcChyUlgPIs

I should register & make a thank you comment-but that's not going to happen.
But seriously I love the settings he uses. I had to make a minor modification-I disc'd the upper left corner out in a slim crescent. That helps minimize the iron falsing in my area. I run full honk 32 in the worst mineralized soil my area has to offer.

Drawbacks-you get tone info ONLY. The screen-#'s are useless a majority of the time. The machine loves rusty bottle caps & bobby pins, square nails etc...all the usual nuisance objects just sound more appealing due to the boost used. Not all coils work-for some reason my smallest DD excellerator EQ is overwhelmed & needed a lower sensitivity that killed depth. My small NEL butterfly is magic.

Major bonus?. DEEP & DEEPER...Concentrate on mid tones & tone quality & the rewards will flow forth. I tried the standard approved settings from the books etc...This one works best for me.I can sweep fast & still get the best of targets available. or slow down and start picking out targets with the toe. Repeaters only & highest tones that move or are choppy are falses. Higher tones with a depth or echo to the tone are probable goodies. If the high tone is small & does a full repeat all the way around dig!.
But this setting is "all about the bass-aint no treble".

Opened up some areas I thought done for...

interesting to say the least. Blank screen and after market coil and go for the low tones.
Worth a try - you never know....thanks for sharing.

To dry here in NJ - can't dig at all even at construction sites - it's like cement

Notice he is in FERROUS and he is in England. The Explorer is excellent in the way that if you JUST nick a mid conductor it squeaks HIGH,then you zero in and it's a mid tone. If you JUST get a high conductor it also squeaks high,then you center it and find that it stays high. It invites you to investigate ALOT of fringe signals by setting off the high chirp,from then on its up to you. I use FERROUS EVERYWHERE because it's easier for ME to not have to listen for the subtle difference between a mid-high conductor and a high conductor. I also use numbers most of the time now and pay attention mostly to the CO number,as has been talked about numerous times. I hunted for 3 hours today with no results. Conditions were good,there just isn't anything left in this park to find with what I have right now. Not ONE good CO number combo came up that was worth mentioning. But....on we go,it's what we do.

HH
Kevin

IDXMonster, no targets in a hunted out park? Go back when theground is moist and use a small coil. Turn up senseitvity and of course "Go Slow".

I thought the same this past spring...so I made those changes and am a happy detertorist because of it.

Target separation is the key to getting more coins in between the junk. It works - trust the force.