Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

wateproofing the excel??

A

Anonymous

since some people are having a moisture problem with the excel I was wondering how is everyone going about waterproofing the excel to keep the moisture out. I am considering doing some preventive maint. to keep it from happening to mine. What is the going technique to waterproof their machines? Or should I even worry about it?

Hi
I dont think anyone really know if it is a moisture problem. Mine is going to Fisher now and when I get it back I will waterproof it to be absolutely certain.
I will use a clear adhesive sheet (contact paper) and make a overlay sheet that covers the front plate and up all tree of the sides L-R and Lower. It will pass by and around the upper side and cover the speaker too.
It will waterproof it nearly completely and it will still breath through two holes inside the battery compartment.
Making this is easy by making one in paper first and use that one to cut the overlay.
Regards.
Bjorn